allegati di Atti di Morte

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Anizio
Elite
Elite

allegati di Atti di Morte

Postby Anizio » 18 Mar 2015, 19:20

Hi!

I'm finding from a lot of my Roman ancestors who died in the 1870s that they all seem to have died in hospitals and their death acts all reference allegati (attached documents) but it does not specify what documents are actually attached.

Does anyone know what it usually contained in allegati to death acts? Is it worth getting in the sense that it may provide more information on parents names, spouses, their births, etc. or maybe causes of death or autopsy records?

I have never seen allegati to death acts so I want to know if they are worth the cost and effort required to get a hold of them.

Thanks!
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: allegati di Atti di Morte

Postby Italysearcher » 18 Mar 2015, 23:47

I have never come across these allegati but assume, since the person died in hospital that what they are referring to is some kind of official notice from the hospital of the death as opposed to having a person who was actually present report the death.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 19 Mar 2015, 08:08

When the Ufficio di Stato civile receive a death notice from the Hospital, they transcribe it in Part 2 of the Atti di Morte book register, and store the original notice in the Allegati folder.

Anizio
Elite
Elite

Postby Anizio » 19 Mar 2015, 19:02

So the original written notice by the hospital to the Stato Civile office is in the allegati, but is that ALL that is in the allegati? or is there anything else that usually is, or possibly can be found in the allegati that you know of?
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

Return to “Italian Genealogy”