Extracting individual photos shown in a YouTube video

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Extracting individual photos shown in a YouTube video

Postby rp76226 » 03 Apr 2015, 04:10

In the following video of my third cousin, opera tenor Salvatore Puma, a few family photos are shown near the beginning of the video. Is there any way to copy just those photos or find them somewhere else to copy? Here's the video link"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXuSLaMP0Jc

OrangeBlossom44
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Extracting individual photos shown in a YouTube video

Postby OrangeBlossom44 » 03 Apr 2015, 04:14

Couldn't you just PAUSE the video, then take a digital photo of the image?
or
Contact the person who uploaded the video and ask if those images are available?
or
Did you try Googling "Salvatore Puma photos"? When I did, I saw a few that were featured in the YouTube link.
Researching Frinco

rp76226
Master
Master

Postby rp76226 » 03 Apr 2015, 04:26

My back up plan is to take digital photos of the paused video. These do not always come out so good though. I went back to youTube ans was able to make a comment that I don't think will be answered. I did not see a direct way to contact the owner of the video. It seems to be a subscription type company. My Google attempts only show images of him, not his family.
Does anyone know if he had any children? I've found obituaries from Italy, but they tell nothing of his family except for his wife.

OrangeBlossom44
Veteran
Veteran

Postby OrangeBlossom44 » 03 Apr 2015, 05:30

Perhaps you have seen this. It mentions that the theatre in his hometown maintains an exhibit on him. Maybe you could write there. They may have information about this important tenor.

https://books.google.com/books?id=lEQAu ... or&f=false
Researching Frinco

OrangeBlossom44
Veteran
Veteran

Postby OrangeBlossom44 » 03 Apr 2015, 05:44

I believe that you can avoid lines in digital photography or digital videography of a computer screen by slowing the shutter speed of your recording device. You may wish to Google this to get current setting recommendations.
Researching Frinco

Robin B Mc
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Robin B Mc » 03 Apr 2015, 19:14

rp76226 wrote:My back up plan is to take digital photos of the paused video. These do not always come out so good though.

Take a screenshot instead, photos of backlit screens never turn out well. If you're on Windows, it's usually "Control" and "Print Screen" and then paste into a photo editor. Alternatively, you can use Windows' Snipping Tool (use search programs and files to find it). The image quality won't be great though, since the video quality isn't great. You'd be better off contacting the video owner.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 03 Apr 2015, 20:48

Picture taken on iPhone off monitor on pause it works you can edit

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

rp76226
Master
Master

Postby rp76226 » 03 Apr 2015, 21:39

I tried using the sniping tool - something I hadn't used in years. It produced a better result - about as good as the video quality. Thanks.
I also wrote to the mayor of Racalmuto because I could find no way to contact the theatre. Hopefully, I will get a reply.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”