what now?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Piano Dee

what now?

Postby Piano Dee » 05 Apr 2015, 17:14

I'm searching for my paternal ggrandparents place of birth in Italy and keep coming to dead ends. Their names were Pasquale Mucci B. 1864 and Carmela (Mary) Santori b.~ 1870. Records indicate they immigrated ~ 1885, married in US in 1888 and were naturalized in 1890. I have records from their marriage and their parents were Guiseppe Mucci/Rose Caggiano and Domenico Santor/Dilomenia Bracco. Cannot find siblings on either side. Everthing I have does not indicate any other birthplace besides just Italy. Any suggestions?

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: what now?

Postby adelfio » 05 Apr 2015, 18:39

Both surnames of Mucci and Caggiano are in the area of Salvitelle, Salerno are your sure about his mother Rosa's surname,here is some possible siblings from military registration of the Salerno Archivio with the parents Giuseppe Mucci and Rosa Caggianese possible typo

Nome: Pietro Mucci
Classe: 1851
Comune di nascita: Salvitelle
Full text: Mucci Pietro di Giuseppe e Caggianese Rosa nato il 9\17\1851 a Salvitelle di professione contadino

Nome: Felice Mucci
Classe: 1854
Comune di nascita: Salvitelle
Full text: Mucci Felice di Giuseppe e Caggianese Rosa nato il 4/6/1854 a Salvitelle di professione Contadino

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Piano Dee

Re: what now?

Postby Piano Dee » 05 Apr 2015, 23:57

Thanks so much for the info Marty. I'm really not sure of any of the surname besides Mucci and Santori. The other names I have were from marriage/death records with various spellings.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”