Dominga Pistone De Salomon

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mikew

Dominga Pistone De Salomon

Postby mikew » 09 Apr 2015, 12:59

Hello! We are looking for the marriage certificate of Dominga/Domenica Pistone and Pietro Salomone. They married sometime around 1881 in Italy and moved to Argentina some years later. We also believe they married somewhere in Sicily and my grandmother tales goes by saying that it was either Leonforte or Taormina.

There is a record of the 1895 Census of Argentina with her name, "Dominga Pistone De Salomon" showing they were married for 14 years, and we believe they changed or mispelled the name since Domenica I guess should be her Italian name.

Do you know where can we dig more information? thanks!

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Domenica Pestoni/Pietro Salamoni

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 09 Apr 2015, 23:00

Hi!

I've had a quick search and have found the following 1888 baptism record for Maria Salamoni, daughter of Pedro (Pietro) Salamoni, age 29 (approx dob 1859) and Dominga (Domenica) Pestoni (appox dob 1863). It suggests that both parents were born in Lanforte (Leonforte) Catanea (Catania).
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1972912

Here is a 1901 baptism record for another child born to Pietro, 41 (approx dob 1860) and Domenica 37 (approx dob 1864):
Alejandro? Vicente: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1972912
Can you confirm that these are the people that you are looking for? Someone then will follow up and suggest where to from here.

Angela :D

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Salamone

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 10 Apr 2015, 06:08

I believe the correct spelling of Pietro's surname is Salamone.

There don't seem to be any online records for Leonforte, Enna, Sicily today. You may need to write a letter requesting their marriage record.

There are online records for Taormina here: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... %3D1887904

I had a quick look for a marriage record there, just in case, but nothing there.
Angela

mikew

Re: Dominga Pistone De Salomon

Postby mikew » 13 Apr 2015, 15:14

Angela,

Thank you very much for your input, we are grateful for your time spent on this matter. Yes, I've just checked with my sister and those people are my ancestors, so we are on the right track!

I've just found that on FamilySearch there are microfilms to rent of three different Italian churches containing marriage records on the epoch of ~1881, and there is a Genealogy Center at my current city were I could rent one to try and see if this marriage certificate can be found.

Does anyone around here have experience about renting Microfilms from FamilySearch? How long do we need to wait to rent one? I'm at Europe at the moment, in Switzerland.

Regards
Mike.

AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Dominga Pistone De Salomon

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 13 Apr 2015, 21:20

You are very welcome Mike. I'm pleased that the info has helped.

So far I have rented four films. It is currently taking three weeks for the films to reach me from the date ordered. I have a new one just arrived and it has taken less than three weeks. I guess a lot would depend on film availability etc. I order from an “associate” library, close to where I live, and they now have very good reader/scanners which allow you to save to a usb stick. The ones at the Family Centres still seem to be the older style readers which are not so great and don't have usb outlets. The newer scanner/readers are very easy to use. If you have not already done so, ot might be worth your while checking out all the options available for viewing the films in your town before you order.
Angela :)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”