Buccheri family name/history

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
debmac

Buccheri family name/history

Postby debmac » 13 Apr 2015, 20:19

Hello I'm wondering if you have any suggestions on finding information about Michele Buccheri, born 3/24/1862. He married Filomena Leone. These are my husband's great grandparents. I'd like to tell my sons a bit more about the Buccheri family. Is it safe to assume they were from the town of Buccheri originally? Thanks for any information. - Deborah

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Buccheri family name/history

Postby Italysearcher » 13 Apr 2015, 21:29

IF they came from Buccheri originally it would have had to be back in the 1400's or before. If you know where Michele was born you can request (or search on line) for his birth record. This will give you his parents names and you just keep going from there. If you don't know where he was born then you need to back up a generation and find some migration records.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 14 Apr 2015, 15:03

Welcome to IG website
Can you tell us the names of their children and where they settled in the USA and some dates

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

boozy.bird
Rookie
Rookie

Postby boozy.bird » 27 May 2015, 16:02

Hi debmac .... re Michele Buccheri & Filomena Leone did they settle in England ??

Return to “Italian Genealogy”