Sorrentino - Ventotene

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kmorrissey

Sorrentino - Ventotene

Postby kmorrissey » 13 Apr 2015, 23:16

I would like to further research my Italian lineage, I don’t speak Italian.

So far I have the following information, my G G grandparents were Giuseppe Sorrentino b:1854 and Florence D’Anna b:1862 from Ventotene. They had at least three children born in Ventotene, my G grandmother Carolina b:1870, Grazia b:1878 Carmela b:1884 and possibly Francesco & Brigida.

Would there be any records available online? I am going to Rome in June and will also stay in Ventotene for 3 nights, would I be able to research this there in the Town Hall and would anyone there to assist with translation?

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Sorrentino - Ventotene

Postby adelfio » 14 Apr 2015, 17:21

If you don't speak Italian hire a guide to help you with your request for records for the
Stato Civile - Anagrafe office is open only 9:00 to 12:00

No records online you can try this email for your request. Your children birth dates seem off Carolina b:1870 her mother would be 8 yrs old just fill in the blanks

email:anagrafe@comune.ventotene.lt.it
Comune di Ventotene
Piazza Castello 1
04020 Ventotene LT
Italy
Attn: Maddalena Petrocco

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di NAME OF CHILD di Giuseppe

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Ventotene . Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome : NAME OF CHILD
Nome e cognome del padre: Giuseppe Sorrentino
Nome e cognome della madre: Florence D’Anna
Luogo di nascita: Ventotene
Data di nascita: YEAR OF BIRTH
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

kmorrissey

Postby kmorrissey » 14 Apr 2015, 21:46

Grazie Marty,

I am more confident of Carolina's b:1870 than her parents as Carolina's youngest child was b:1892. I will start my search as you suggest with an email request for Carolina, Grazia and Carmela's births. Do you know how may years either side of the event that they normally search?

I spotted this site with details of the Ventotene city records:-
http://www.maas.ccr.it/ProgettoRinasco/ ... otene.html
Do you know if all these records are held in the Town Hall and be available to search? Would there be an index?

Kieran

kmorrissey

Postby kmorrissey » 30 Apr 2015, 19:12

@ Marty,

Do you have any idea how long it might take Maddalena Petrocco in the the Anagrafe office to respond to my email ?

I sent my a letter requesting Carolina's birth record as per your draft on 14th April but there has been no reply, should I have sent a real paper letter by snail mail ?

I was hoping to kick-off my research via internet before my visit to Ventonene in the beginning of June to increase my chances of obtaining the maximum amount of relevant records. Is the Anagrafe office in the Town Hall in Ventotene and do they hold the records there ?

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 30 Apr 2015, 19:44

If no response in 30 days resend email with a photo id. Do you have the right birth years?
include this:
OGGETTO:seconda richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di NAME OF CHILD di Giuseppe

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

kmorrissey

Postby kmorrissey » 19 May 2015, 10:20

@ Marty,

I sent the second email as you suggested but still no reply. I don't know if it will help me or do more harm but I wrote (using GOOGLE translate) to the Mayor of Ventotene last night to ask for his help.

I mentioned this site to you previously with details of the Ventotene city records:-
http://www.maas.ccr.it/ProgettoRinasco/ ... tml#N10037
If you look at the bottom of - Introduzione tecnica - "Afterwards I reordered by placing documentation on metal shelving well separated and sorted by series, which is located in via Roma." I don't see a via Roma on the Ventotene map, do you think these records might be somewhere else.

Marty, thanks for all your help - KIERAN

Return to “Italian Genealogy”