Surnames: Cifu, Capraro, De Sotto, Delli Colli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
AprilFraser

Surnames: Cifu, Capraro, De Sotto, Delli Colli

Postby AprilFraser » 26 Apr 2015, 09:55

My great grandparents immigrated to the United States in the early 1900s and for some reason none of their family information was passed on.
Years ago, I hired an Italian genealogist who located my great grandparents birth certificates and the family names were Cifu, Capraro, De Sotto and Delli Colli, but trying to find any information on these names has been harder than I ever imagined. The genealogist I hired only responded with "Cifu is very common in Italy" but that was it.
A cousin of mine said that Cifu comes from the Spanish Cifuentes, and that its likely our ancestors at some point went from Spain to Italy.
I've also found the surnames Cifuentes and De Sotto on Sephardic Jewish databases. Not sure if that means anything in regards to my family, but I suppose it is worth mentioning here.

Any information which could be passed to me regarding these surnames would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Surnames: Cifu, Capraro, De Sotto, Delli Colli

Postby adelfio » 26 Apr 2015, 22:32

What town in Italy were the Cifu's from?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

AprilFraser

Re: Surnames: Cifu, Capraro, De Sotto, Delli Colli

Postby AprilFraser » 27 Apr 2015, 00:11

Aquino Italy.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”