Carlo Torchio, Born 1900 passed away in 1990

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Louise

Carlo Torchio, Born 1900 passed away in 1990

Post by Louise »

Hi, I'm wanting to find some information on my nonno ( grandfather) , regarding his services in WW1 please. He was in the 2nd Batlaian Alpini Regement Registration Number 24401, i do know he was givin an honour for a knight but still wanted to obtain more on were he was. He used to tell my mum it was so cold were he was that his legs used to freeze that he had frost bite. Any information would be greatly appriciated, as there is not alot of information on his travels to Australia, as they used to say some jumped ship lol
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Carlo Torchio, Born 1900 passed away in 1990

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website heres to send for his military record
E-mail as-at@beniculturali.it
Archivio di Stato di Asti
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di leva di Carlo Torchio classe di nascita 1900.

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Coazzolo d'Asti . Vorrei sapere di più di loro
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere l'esito registro di leva o registro dei foglie matricolari di:Carlo Torchio di Antonio Torchio e Antonia Borio nato a Coazzolo d'Asti il Maggio 9 1900.
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Carlo Torchio birth record click on prompt
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,238871401

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Louise

Post by Louise »

Thank you for response my name is Louise Mete my email address is peteloui01@bigpond.com, any information regarding what area in Italy he fought in ww1 and what he did would be greatly aprreicated Thanks
Louise

Post by Louise »

Hi i was wondering if you received my last post
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi Louise

Marty (Adelfio), in his post, has drafted a letter for you to send to the State Archives of Asti requesting a copy of Carlo Torchio's military documents. Hopefully from these documents you will be able to find more information about his military service and where he was stationed. You just need to fill in your details where Marty has indicated and email the letter. The State Archives will look for the records and then get back to you by email when they find them. They usually ask you to contribute something towards postage and photocopying of the records.

Marty has also found your Nonno's possible birth record, and has included the necessary information from the record in the drafted letter. I've given a basic translation of the birth record below:

No 16: Birth Record: Carlo Torchio
Date of Record: 13 May 1900, 7.20 am, Coazzolo d'Asti
Antonio Torchio, 34, farmer, living in Coazzolo d'Asti, reported that at 2.40 am on 9 May at a place in via San Giovanni, No 2, his wife Antonia Borio, aged 33, peasant farmer, daughter of deceased Bernardo, gave birth to a male child, whom he presented and gave the name Carlo.

Side Note: On 17 March 1937, he married Marina? Cassinelli in the town of Kairi (State of Queensland, Australia)
It looks like the marriage record was sent back much later, to the town of Castagnole Delle Lanze????which was probably where M Cassinelli was from?

Just click on the following link for the image of the birth record:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,238871401
Angela :)
Louise

Post by Louise »

Omg thank you very much, sorry just a little confused when i click on the link im not sure what the areas i need to fill out and how , happy to pay for postage and photocopying as well
Louise

Post by Louise »

Hi :)
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi Louise, I'm sending you a private message. Just click on "Private messages" which will appear just before your user name, top right.
Angela