re:new york marriage 1893-1895

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

re:new york marriage 1893-1895

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 08 May 2015, 04:00

i've been trying to find a possible marriage,which if it occurred,would have taken place in new york ca.1893-1895.the marriage would have occurred between 1st cousins,which may explain why i can't find it.the church may not have allowed it.salvatore landino,son of francesco and maria bonarrigo,arrived in new york in 1893.his wife,possibly common law,was catherine caldara,daughter of antonino and agostina landino.agostina was salvatores aunt,sister of his father francesco.their first child,francesco,was born in new york in 1895.would anyone know if being first cousins would have prohibited a marriage between salvatore and catherine? other than special permission from the church hierarchy it appears that a marriage could not be performed.missing marriage information has also been a problem with salvatore's parents francesco and maria as well,so lack of marriage documentation has been an ongoing research obstacle in my research for this family line.i've checked italgen which covers early new york marriages and found nothing.there are just too many individual parishes to check in new york,even in this time period,and since the diocese of new york doesnt have a centralized database its virtually impossible to get any further information.any input most appreciated.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”