Italians Needed: Celenya, La Foggia, Italy: Luisa Larezza

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DanceDiva234
Rookie
Rookie

Italians Needed: Celenya, La Foggia, Italy: Luisa Larezza

Postby DanceDiva234 » 10 May 2015, 01:20

I have been stumped on this piece of info for awhile and really need help. My great great grandmother is Luisa (L)arezza of Celenya, La Foggia, Italy. She arrived with her two children to NY on The Trojan Prince on November 14, 1902. She arrived at the age of 48 supposedly. I have seen her documents from Ellis Island and this is the only information I know of her.

There are multiple rumors that she was married twice, but I cannot find any info on who was her second husband and if she even had one. I also cannot find a death record despite her living in America at the time. I really would like to know two things:

1. Is her last name actually (L)arezza?
2. Who was she married to? And was she married twice?

Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Italians Needed: Celenya, La Foggia, Italy: Luisa Larezza

Postby Biff83 » 10 May 2015, 01:37

Luisa's last residence was Celenza Valfortore in the province of Foggia. Marital status looks like widowed. Going to Waterbury CT to join her son D'Attellis which I believe is the son's surname not his first name. Still working to determine possible surnames for Luisa.

http://interactive.ancestry.com/7488/NY ... turnRecord

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

DanceDiva234
Rookie
Rookie

Postby DanceDiva234 » 10 May 2015, 01:40

Hi Bliff, thank you so much! As for variations on the surname, my family seems very crazy in the area. The correct spelling is D'Attellis, but immigration papers say D'Altellio and others include Dattellis without the apostrophe. Whereas, Dattellico or Dattelo aren't my family.

DanceDiva234
Rookie
Rookie

Postby DanceDiva234 » 11 May 2015, 04:33

I found a document saying her last name was Yerizzo instead of Larezza at the time. Although, to me that does not seem Italian. It could be mispelled. I also found some documents of who may be her first spouse. Could anyone have access to Luisa's birth certificate?

Return to “Italian Genealogy”