Searching for Great Grandfather

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rpaoletti

Searching for Great Grandfather

Postby rpaoletti » 10 Aug 2005, 09:13

My great grandmother came to the US on November 22, 1913 via Ellis Island. My great grandfather came to the USA a few months earlier, via the lower states (location unknown). Is there anyone who can help me find where and when he came? His name is Paoletto Paoletti.

Thank you,
Rob

Essgee
Master
Master

Re: Searching for Great Grandfather

Postby Essgee » 10 Aug 2005, 10:13

Go to Ellis Island site.

Listed under the name Paoletto Paoletto.
Arrivied at Ellis Island in route to his cousin Am???Paoletto in Garnsis, Alabama. Stated he left his wife behind in Alonde, France. Came from Northern Italy....looks like Castellini but hard to read. There is a town with this name in Parma and one in Firenze. The ship is the La Tourraine and the date of arrival is Sept. 4, 1913.

Good Luck!

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 10 Aug 2005, 12:09

Yes Essgee..............! Great! and joining with cousin: Amelio Paoletto/i Garusis(?),Alabama; in France was the wife Adelinda; and this is Adelinda PAOLETTI ship's manifest with all childs, and, also, most probable an sister in law Annella Benvenuti Paoletti; Adelinda(nee Persi) in La Londe/(Var Côte d'Azur/France) had the brother: Umberto Persi

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 0806010968

The birthplace is Castellina/o; personally I think that is Castellina Marittima(Pisa province/Tuscany region) why other Paoletti that came from Castellini/o/a town, after are Mar.ma, so could be Castellina Marittima.........
regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Essgee
Master
Master

Postby Essgee » 10 Aug 2005, 18:19

Suanj...

Believe you are right about the town......thanks. Great job as usual!

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 10 Aug 2005, 18:21

Thanks to you Essgee...
you found the husband ...I found the wife... and so the family is complete! eheheh, kisses, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”