Curti & Formicola Look-Ups

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rjmichaels
Rookie
Rookie

Curti & Formicola Look-Ups

Postby rjmichaels » 06 Jun 2015, 08:13

Hello,

Within the next month I should have all of the microfilm for Curti (Caserta) from 1809-1865. If anyone needs a look-up, let me know. The town was quite small (and I only had two small branches of my family there) and I'm finding myself breezing through 20 years of records rather fast. From what I have seen, Merola was by far and large the most common surname there.

I also have some Formicola films that I will do look-ups for, staring in 1809.

The catch, though, is that I cannot provide a copy. My FHC has a good, albeit old scanner, and, no matter what I do, the scans it creates are illegible. As such, I have just been recording the information and am willing to do the same for an interested party.

On the other hand, if anyone has access to these microfilm and are able and willing to make copies for me (I have the record numbers), please let me know.

Sincerely,
Ray

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Curti & Formicola Look-Ups

Postby adelfio » 06 Jun 2015, 14:58

Have you tried a digital camera or smart phone for copying records without flash

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

rjmichaels
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rjmichaels » 07 Jun 2015, 09:15

They turn out better but are still very difficult to read, unfortunately.

rjmichaels
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rjmichaels » 13 Jun 2015, 08:32

They finally listened to me and changed the bulb on the scanner and now the images scan beautifully (I told them this 3 years ago before I stopped going [for that very reason] and reiterated it when I returned 2 months ago). However, I did have difficulty when it came to the transfer. The computer they still use was bought at the same time the scanner was, which was shortly before I first started going (2003). I opted to transfer the images to my flash drive but, halfway through, XP (!) encountered a write error and messed up my flash drive (which I was easily able to repair when I got home).

rjmichaels
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rjmichaels » 13 Jun 2015, 08:38

So, for anyone interested in look-ups for Curti & Formicola between 1809 and 1865, I will be able to perform such searches and provide images until my films are due (August & September). A note, however: from my searches, the most common surname in Curti is Merola, and the most common in Formicola is Izzo, so I will need specific information, especially if one of these surnames is your area of interest.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”