Biviano's in Lipari/Cemeteries

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Dbiv21
Rookie
Rookie

Biviano's in Lipari/Cemeteries

Postby Dbiv21 » 08 Jun 2015, 18:56

Hello,

Does any one know of any cemeteries located on the island of Lipari?

I have located my great-great grandfather Giuseppe Biviano's (1846-1895) tomb in Gioiosa Marea in person. His brothers were I think Nicolo, Santo and father-Francesco, mother-Caterina Gallotta. His wife was Felicia Bonfiglio (1840-? Gioiosa)

I believe Giuseppe Biviano was the only one who came over from Lipari to Gioiosa. I throughly examined the cemetery in Gioiosa and found he's the only one of his generation buried there.

My great grandfather, (Giuseppe's son) Carmelo (1887-1936) settled in Niles Ohio. However, there are several Biviano's in New York state and Clearfield PA. The records I've found haven't defined a clear connection between Lipari---Gioiosa family members.

Has anyone been over there?
I could use any help or suggestions.

Thanks

-Dennis

Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: Biviano's in Lipari/Cemeteries

Postby Anizio » 08 Jun 2015, 19:33

it is rare that you find graves that old, lucky you did. But it is not common like in the US. Genealogy is best done through records and documents, not finding graves. My advice is find records and focus your search there.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

Return to “Italian Genealogy”