Roccapalumba - Info on Angelo Sanzone, b.1886 Roccapalumba

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
1 post • Page 1 of 1

Roccapalumba - Info on Angelo Sanzone, b.1886 Roccapalumba

Postby Fairy » 17 Aug 2005, 00:07

Angelo Sansone (Sanzone) came to the US and arrived at Ellis Island, NY in 1908, he was 22, that would make the year of his birth 1886. Although the spelling of the name on the manifest is Sansone, from my research, the correct spelling would be Sanzone, as he was from Roccapalumba. He was my husband's grandfather. When he arrived in the US he lived with and uncle Vincenzo Sansone in Brooklyn, NY (also from Roccapalumba). He had made another trip in 1906, age 20, and stayed with and uncle Antonino Sansone of Roccapalumba. We are interested in finding out if there are any realtives of Antonino, Vincenzo, Angelo, or Salvatore still in Roccapalumba, or if all came to America. Angelo eventually settled in New Orleans, LA and married Annie Rinaro, they had 13 children. Not much family history passed down, as several of the sibilings were already deceased when my husband would have been old enough to ask about them. Thanks in advance for any information we will receive back. :) Joy & Sal Sansone
Fairy

1 post • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy