Alderisio from colle sannita

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
20 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: Alderisio from colle sannita

Postby brujaojos » 21 Aug 2005, 02:48

BethHirshberg wrote:Thanks for your help.
I found the Ellis Island manifest and thought it was my grandfather until I did somemore research. My grandparents were married in Manhattan in 1896 and their first daughter was born in 1899. In the 1930 census, pasquale's birthdate is about 1877. His death certificate said he was 55 in 1934 which would mean that he was born in 1879. I don't have a definite year, so I am quesstimating.
Everyone in the family who has tried to trace the Alderisio family in Italy has given up. I even have a picture of my aunt, in Italy, with her grandfather.

Hi There,

Per NYC, this could be the information for Pasquale's Marriage.
Name - Marriage Date - County - Certificate Number
Alderiflo Pasquale Dec 26 1896 Manhattan 20239

Per the person who translated the document could have misread the "fl" which could really be an "si". Remember, we all make mistakes. Plus you have to remember when doing genealogy, you have to check mis-spellings.

Here was the information that you mentioned above about his death certificate.

Name - age at death - death date - certificate number - county
Alderisio Pasquale 55 y Nov 30 1934 10280 Bronx

Now the Family History Center has microfilm for the town of Colle Sannita, however, it's limited to 1809-1860. The films would help with searching for his parents, but not for Pasquale. The film costs about $3.50 a roll depending on your location.

Here are the film numbers.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... eno=364717

I hope this helps,
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby brujaojos » 21 Aug 2005, 02:54

BethHirshberg wrote:Now I know why my grandmother spoke, read and wrote English so well!!

I have a copy of Pasquale's (grandfather) naturalization papers :
1905 Cuyahoga, Ohio. Cannot find my grandmother's but I'll bet she was naturalized much earlier than my grandfather since she came here as a child. Did entire families get naturalized together under just the father's name or should I check just her name?

Thanks so much
mfjp and Debbie, I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate all your help.

Hi There,

Women and children did not get Naturalized until after 1927. When a husband became Naturalized, the entire family became Naturalized with him.

I hope this helps,
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby BethHirshberg » 21 Aug 2005, 05:48

BethHirshberg wrote:Now I know why my grandmother spoke, read and wrote English so well!!

I have a copy of Pasquale's (grandfather) naturalization papers
1905 Cuyahoga, Ohio. Cannot find my grandmother's but I'll bet she was naturalized much earlier than my grandfather since she came here as a child. Did entire families get naturalized together under just the father's name or should I check just her name?

Thanks so much
mfjp and Debbie, I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate all your help.
Hi mfjp
If Efisia immigrated about 1891, can I check on Ellis Island web site? or is there a different place to check? At 10 years old it seems logical that she game with her parents. Would a minor child be listed or just the father?

Guess it's pretty obvious I'm not very good at deciding whgere to go to find certain info.

Thanks again

OH....My husband and I live in Michigan and Toronto is one of our favorite places to visit!!
BethHirshberg

Postby VaDeb » 21 Aug 2005, 05:59

Ellis Island did not open until 1892. You may still check there as the year of the census might not be exact (often isn't). Immigration before 1892 was through Castle Garden and the Barge Office if they came through the port of NY. These manifest are available though ancestry.com with a paid subscription. Many libraries have this available for free. Manifests from this period do not have the same detail as Ellis Island.

Castle Garden has launched its own website, but the index is not linked to images yet.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby mfjp » 21 Aug 2005, 06:03

Hi... was looking for her just as you posted... I have a 12 year old pacing back and forth... "come on Mom... get off the computer..." and that's why I usually research at night....

Hi mfjp
If Efisia immigrated about 1891, can I check on Ellis Island web site?

no... Ellis is from 1892-1927

or is there a different place to check?

yes :!:

http://www.castlegarden.org/

(text information only... but with this info.. we can look for viewable manifests from Ancestry.com and Ellis

Here's a longshot... usually the second male child and the second female child has the given name of it's mother's parents....

Since William and Angela are the names of the second male/female... what are the chances of Efisia's parents named Guglielmo Maroldi and Angelina ...??? She probably did come over with her parents... or her mother...

I'd check further... and will certainly do so later... if anyone else can check this out... go for it....

Guess it's pretty obvious I'm not very good at deciding whgere to go to find certain info.

like we knew what to do.... :?: we were all in the same boat as you...

See you later...
Maria
mfjp
Master
Master

Previous

20 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to Italian Genealogy