Offida?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
chubean

Offida?

Postby chubean » 23 Jun 2015, 16:13

I just registered with this site and I'm curious if anyone has ever had success in retrieving documents from Offida and how recently this was? I've tried on three separate occasions in the past year to no avail. All of my emails have been sent in Italian. So... I'm kinda stuck here!

Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Offida?

Postby Biff83 » 23 Jun 2015, 19:11

I would send the vital records official a letter in Italian requesting the documents, including a photo ID and a non-stamped self-addressed return envelope.

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 23 Jun 2015, 20:45

Hi Biff
Try email
Ufficio Servizi Demografici
email:anagrafe@comune.offida.ap.it

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

chubean

Postby chubean » 24 Jun 2015, 15:59

Thanks guys. I've tried emailing to two different email addresses (anagrafe was the primary one... when I got no response, I tried another). So far, no responses. I suppose I'm wondering if this is normal thing for others trying to extract records? Maybe it's worth a phone call? I don't know. I've been really interested in my family's history so that I can pass it onto my children. Unfortunately, no one before me thought to do this. Hence me trying to pick up the pieces.

I will send a SESA to the commune to see if that works. Appreciate your help, experts. Any additional advice or experiences anyone else has had is welcomed and appreciated! Thanks so much.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”