Need help getting a record from a commune

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mc17460

Need help getting a record from a commune

Postby mc17460 » 23 Jun 2015, 17:12

There are a few records that I need which will help me trace my family back farther. Unfortunately, these records seem to fall within the gaps of missing online records. Is there anyone on these boards who can get records from the towns of Cesaro & San Fratello in Messina? I would of course be willing to pay for this service. I have read posts similar to the one that I am making where people have come through and been able to find the records in need. If anyone can help please let me know. How to hear back

Mike

Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Need help getting a record from a commune

Postby Bette » 25 Jun 2015, 02:54

Have you already exhausted the records on the Antenati web site?

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/?q=gallery

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 25 Jun 2015, 04:08

How about some names and dates and we might be able to help

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

mc17460

Postby mc17460 » 25 Jun 2015, 06:45

I need to find a the marriage record of my great great grandparents Luigi Cavallaro (b 1839) & Fortunata Leanza (b 1844ish). I have been through all of the online records @ Familysearch & http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/?q=gallery.

Their marriage happened in Cesaro either in 1862, or between 1864-1866. I'm trying to find Fortunata Leanza's parents. Fortunata Leanza was a very common name. There were quite a few born within a few years of approximately when she was born and since I don't know who her parents were, I need to find her marriage record.

Now that I think about it, her death record would be just as useful. She passed away approximately 1913 in Cesaro.

I'm going on vacation for a week so I may not be able to check this for a while, but please respond if you are able to help!!

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 26 Jun 2015, 16:23

I would say its in the years missing of the Cesaro marriages
Was Fortunata Leanza name Fortunata Leanza Montegna

Could this be the brother of Luigi Cavallaro named Antonio Cavallaro married to Teresa Leanza Montegna sister?? of Fortunata Leanza Montegna

PG LINK
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Return to “Italian Genealogy”