Bernardini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Bernardini

Postby bernardini » 22 Aug 2005, 14:05

Does anyone have any geneology information on the Bernardini family from the Barga/Lucca region? I'm stuck!
bernardini

Re: Bernardini

Postby wldspirit » 22 Aug 2005, 17:39

What exactly are you stuck on?? Please be more specific ......
wldspirit
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby bernardini » 25 Aug 2005, 09:28

Well I am looking for my grandfather's mother and father. I know that my grandfather was Antonio Lorenzo Bernardini and was from Barga. He would have been born around 1872. The story goes either he came with three brothers or his father came with three brothers and at first lived in Boston, then they migrated to Bangor Maine where they opened Bernardini's Fruit and Confectionary. His father died when he was very young, as well as my grandfather dying when my father was very young so not alot of information has been passed down. I'm having difficulty finding any information on my grandfather at all thereby making it difficult to find any information regarding his parents or his grandparents etc... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
bernardini

Postby suanj » 25 Aug 2005, 15:27

bernardini wrote:Well I am looking for my grandfather's mother and father. I know that my grandfather was Antonio Lorenzo Bernardini and was from Barga. He would have been born around 1872. The story goes either he came with three brothers or his father came with three brothers and at first lived in Boston, then they migrated to Bangor Maine where they opened Bernardini's Fruit and Confectionary. His father died when he was very young, as well as my grandfather dying when my father was very young so not alot of information has been passed down. I'm having difficulty finding any information on my grandfather at all thereby making it difficult to find any information regarding his parents or his grandparents etc... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Hi Antonio Lorenzo Bernardini in Bangor Maine, was born in Aug 1885 from direct reading of 1900 census:

Name: Lawrence A Bernardini
Home in 1900: Bangor, Penobscot, Maine
Estimated birth year: 1886
Birthplace: Maine
Race: White
Relationship to head-of-house: Son
living with Louis(seems Louis/Luigi) father imm. in 1882, naturalized from 18 years, and Nancy mother , and other siblings:
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/3250 ... sus9sd.jpg
--------------
the father:
Name: Louis P Bernardini
Home in 1900: Bangor, Penobscot, Maine
Estimated birth year: 1859
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Relationship to head-of-house: Head
Immigration year: 1882
Image source: Year: 1900; Census Place: Bangor, Penobscot, Maine; Roll: T623 597; Page: 14B; Enumeration District: 75.
-------------------
most probable the manifest of Louis is this:
Cognome
BERNARDINI

Nome
LOUIS

Professione
FARMER

Istruzione
U

Luogo di origine
U