re:avellino comunes civil records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

re:avellino comunes civil records

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 04 Jul 2015, 02:13

lds hasn't digitized the civil records of luogosano,lapio,san mango sul calore,or taurasi in avellino-all comunes i'm researching.they may never be digitized.if anyone out there is researching these comunes,would it be possible for someone to burn these films onto cd? it would be great to have these records accessible on a cd-especially as theres no plan by lds to digitize any of these comunes in the foreseeable future.for many reasons i no longer order films from lds-and as these comunes are long overdue for digitization and may never be digitized,if someone could burn these films onto cd i'd be happy to cover the costs.thanks very much.

PippoM
Master
Master

Re: re:avellino comunes civil records

Postby PippoM » 04 Jul 2015, 15:38

According to SIAS (National Archives Information System) the National Archives of Avellino keep BMD records 1809-1899 and, for some Communes, even Beyond. Now, what I know about National Archives of Salerno, is that LDS digitized ALL BMD records, and will be published on Antenati site (sooner or later). I guess the same for Avellino, but we all have to bear patience!
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 04 Jul 2015, 16:44

thanks.but as of now lds has barely touched the civil records of the comunes of avellino.nothing new added in over a year.and the odd thing is,most of these comunes are tiny hamlets of barely 1000 people all in the same area as the ones currently available.its not like these are highly populated cities like naples.i'm surprised some motivated individuals havent taken it upon themselves to digitize these records as a service to all of us genealogists out here struggling to gather up our family history.i'm 66 and been at this for over 15 years-so i don't have forever to be "waiting" for better access.if i were in my 20s or 30s that would be one thing-but at 66 the clock is ticking away.years are passing like pages in a book.and not much is being done with these records.while the italian records offices and lds are negotiating around issues of money and licensing rights us researchers are starving for access to our history-being held hostage while they try to iron out agreements.great if youre 26-not so great at 66.

PippoM
Master
Master

Postby PippoM » 06 Jul 2015, 08:14

Well, I hope it is not going to be a 20-years issue, but at most 2-3 years. Antenati already has records from 40 sections of National Archives. Still missing about 70...
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”