Mombercelli - family information

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
RosalindJones
Rookie
Rookie

Mombercelli - family information

Postby RosalindJones » 06 Jul 2015, 14:26

Hi - I have tried to contact a couple of people in Mombercelli in my quest to find out more information on my Italian great grandfather (Agostino Agresca) and further back - but they have not responded (a great shame!)- I found them through Facebook on a Mombercelli group.

Is there perhaps another way to contact the town? I am waiting for an answer from the Commune re documents but am not holding out much hope.

The surname of Aresca seems pretty prominent there and so I am wondering if there are still some living relatives of his - he had a brother and sister - and to see if there are photograps of the family or even just their house etc.

Are there local family history groups there does anyone know?

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Mombercelli - family information

Postby erudita74 » 06 Jul 2015, 14:36

there are online records for the town at familysearch.org=do you have some dates so that we can try to assist you with the search?
Erudita

https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D1937992

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 06 Jul 2015, 17:33

RosalindJones
Rookie
Rookie

Postby RosalindJones » 06 Jul 2015, 20:50

HI
Tessa - that was me earlier! :)

We have some basic details from other people here - Agostino, Savio and Amalia were born to Guiseppe Aresca and Luigia Galliano. Agostino was born in 1878 and was in Southampton, England in 1901 when he married Ada Burbage. They had a son and daughter (Luigia, my grandmother). They went to London and then Ada went to Canada and Luigia went to live with her grandparents back in Southampton. We have recently found that Agostino and his son (also Agostino) went back to Mombercelli. Tragically little Agostino died in 1908 and then his father in 1914. That is about all we have - so far. Family history put him as coming from Como but whether his family later went there we don't know.

When my mother was growing up she knew nothing of her Italian ancestry (other than the basics) but apparently they were sent Swiss chocolate regularly and my mother was given a big cuckoo clock as a baby - we are wondering if this is perhaps from the Italian side of the family - being so close to the Swiss border?

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 06 Jul 2015, 22:30

Yes, I know.

I was trying to prevent a duplication of effort - :-)

Here are the current listings in the Italian White Pages for ARESCA in Mombercelli
http://www.paginebianche.it/page?btt=1& ... celli&ind=

You can write directly to the town to inquire of living relatives for your Agostino.

Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza Alfieri, n. 2
14047 Mombercelli (AT)
ITALY

T.

RosalindJones
Rookie
Rookie

Postby RosalindJones » 07 Jul 2015, 20:29

Thank you - I shall do that tomorrow - really appreciate our help