Arfre (Arfrè) surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Arfre (Arfrè) surname

Postby jarfre » 23 Aug 2005, 10:58

I am looking for information on the Arfre surname. My grandparents were both from Sicily. My grandfather was from Calascibetta, in the province of Enna. According to the manifest I found on ellisislandrecords.org, the name was written with the accent mark on the "e". I would appreciate any information anyone may have on my last name. One interesting note: I have noticed that a business in Spain contains this same last name. Any connection?
jarfre

Re: Arfre (Arfrè) surname

Postby suanj » 23 Aug 2005, 17:23

In Italy, and especially in Sicily well exist: Arfì and Arfò, also Arfeli.. also Orfano, Orfanò, Orfila, Orfeo, Orfino(Caltanissetta province),
nobody Arfrè.................
Regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Arfre (Arfrè) surname

Postby brujaojos » 24 Aug 2005, 02:06

jarfre wrote:I am looking for information on the Arfre surname. My grandparents were both from Sicily. My grandfather was from Calascibetta, in the province of Enna. According to the manifest I found on ellisislandrecords.org, the name was written with the accent mark on the "e". I would appreciate any information anyone may have on my last name. One interesting note: I have noticed that a business in Spain contains this same last name. Any connection?

Hi There,

Can you please be a little more specific? Can you please give us names of your ancestors (given, surname, maiden)? Do you know an approximate age of birth? Also where did they settle in the USA? And can you give us names of their children?

We might be able to find a few things for you like census and manifest.

The Family History Center has microfilm that you can order and rent for your town. Here are the film numbers.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

The film costs about $3.50 a roll and here is the link to find the nearest Family History Center.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

I hope this helps
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1