Tamburino...census workers slaughtered it...help!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
scrapperluv

Tamburino...census workers slaughtered it...help!

Postby scrapperluv » 10 Jul 2015, 09:59

My name is Heidi Tamberen Matthewman. As you can see, I have a variation of Tamburino as my maiden name. I'm desperately trying to find my ancestors. My Grandfather, Charles Warren Tamberen, raised me and I don't know anything about his parents. Both of his parents died when he was a toddler and his older sister Lois McCue raised him with her own children. We believe his father was Charles Tamberen (Tamburrino, Tamburino, Tamborin, etc.) Every census for years 1910-1930 changes the spelling. His mother was probably Rose Venturne or something similar. Both parents are from Italy and appears they immigrated to the US around 1910.

I'm having a hard time weeding out people who aren't connected to my family. I've built a tree based on what makes sense but it be VERY far off-track. Some people and dates don't line up. My grandfather definitely had siblings born in Pennsylvania...Lois, Mary, John (called Jack). They are in census records with him in 1920 and the parents are Charles and Rosa Tamburin or Tamburine.

It appears my family tree goes something like this:
Louis Tamburino born 1866 or 1888 (not sure if he's connected)
Charles Tamburino or Tamburin (senior ?) June 1889. Might have sister, Rose Pofi, who my grandfather also lived with for a time.
Charles Warren Tamberen (my grandfather) born Sept 30 1917 (or 1918) died January 6, 1992 for sure. I was there.

Any chance someone can help shed some light on this? There are MANY Louis, Charles and Rose who have the last name Tamburino. I can't keep them all straight! Also, My grandfather lived with his Aunt Rose Tamborin Pofi when his parents died and his name appears on their 1930's census (I think, unless the Charles in the census record is not my grandfather).

He lived with his older sister Lois McCue as seen on the census in 1940.

My family tree is on ancestry.com under the username hmatthewman66 (Tree name is Tamberen)

I have another tree I worked on years ago under scrapperluv, but that isn't as complete (and probably full of errors!)

PLEASE help! I'd love to hear your input! Thank you in advance!!!

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Tamburino...census workers slaughtered it...help!

Postby suanj » 10 Jul 2015, 18:14

Hi, here the record abt:

Charles Tamburino

United States World War I Draft Registration Cards

Name: Charles Tamburino
Event Type: Draft Registration
Event Date: 1917-1918
Event Place: Pittsburgh City no 9, Pennsylvania, United States
Nationality: United States
Birth Date: 22 Jun 1889
Birthplace: Spigno Saturnia, , Italy

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-81JP-HZ6
born in Spigno Saturnia (Latina province)
best,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 10 Jul 2015, 18:21

Seeming that the right spelling of surname is: TAMBORRINO or TAMBORRINI.. I found a crossed trip of a Antonio Tamborrino joining at Luigi ( Louis) Tamborrino in Pittsburgh
First Name : Antonio
Last Name : Tamburra...
Nationality : Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence : Spigno
Date of Arrival : April 15th, 1903
Age at Arrival : 24y
Marital Status : Married
Ship of Travel : Napolitan Prince
Port of Departure : Naples
Manifest Line Number : 0009

http://libertyellisfoundation.org/show- ... SUYiOw==/1
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

scrapperluv

Postby scrapperluv » 11 Jul 2015, 04:11

Wow!!! I've seen records on Luigi during my search and didn't even think he could be the Louis in my tree! That opens a whole new world of possibilites!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”