surname Ambriola

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
vhughes

surname Ambriola

Postby vhughes » 13 Jul 2015, 08:38

I am looking for information on my ancestor Ruggiero Ambriola. He was born in Nicola da Barletta Italy (? born 3rd January 1800). He married Lucia Dall' Erba (born25th December 1801 in Barletta Bari Puglia Italy) They had a daughter, Maria (born 14th June 1818 in Barletta)
Some time after they moved to the Ionian Islands where they apparently had another daughter Annunziata (born 1840 in Zante)
Maria either married or had an affair with a British Soldier William Hughes who was a Quartermaster with the 68th Foot, the result was a son. Carmen Paul Hughes (born15th August 1857) William became a Paymaster in the 82nd Foot and left The islands before his son was born. Maria, her mother Lucia and son Carmen went to India in search of William. They never found him. He died in Ireland in 1871.
Carmen was the 1st of 3 generations of my family to be born in India. My father joined the RAF and went to England where he met and married my mother.
I am hoping somebody out there can help me with my Italian ancestors vhughes

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: surname Ambriola

Postby suanj » 13 Jul 2015, 15:53

Hi, you are sure abt Maria birth place? I cannot find your Maria..
no in 1818 Barletta Birth index (by first name)
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

as a well in 1818 Trani Birth index (by surname)
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 6.jpg.html
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

vhughes

Re: surname Ambriola

Postby vhughes » 06 Jan 2016, 09:30

Hello Suanj, no I am not absolutely certain of Maria's birth place. We only know what we have been told and a lot of that has proved wrong. It is very hard trying to sort out our Italian roots. Our spelling for surnames could be totally wrong also

Return to “Italian Genealogy”