The Addresses in Birth Certificates

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
westgate84

The Addresses in Birth Certificates

Postby westgate84 » 15 Jul 2015, 01:21

Hi everyone!

I have multiple birth certificates, they are of my great grandfather and his siblings. Each one has an address on it. I had looked at a website that said that this was the address of the family, but when I looked at the other birth certificates, (they had a kid every couple of years) I found differing addresses. After looking at google maps, I found that all of the addresses were only within a couple blocks of each other. Did my family for some reason change houses often, or is this address not necessarily their address, but the address of where the baby was born or the address of an Italian official?

Thanks!

PippoM
Master
Master

Re: The Addresses in Birth Certificates

Postby PippoM » 15 Jul 2015, 08:31

Were street names different, or just the house number? If this is the case, it may change over the years.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

westgate84

Re: The Addresses in Birth Certificates

Postby westgate84 » 17 Jul 2015, 22:21

Thanks for getting back to me Pippo.

The first 2 kids lived at 40 Candrilli, the next lived at 12 Sophia, the next 2 lived at 10 Sophia. All of these kids are about 3 years apart and these addresses are all very close together on google maps. If they moved, why would they have moved so close to where they previously lived?, or is it possible the addresses changed often?

Thanks again!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”