Links to Domenico and Marco caira/Maria Tamborini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kc240493

Links to Domenico and Marco caira/Maria Tamborini

Postby kc240493 » 17 Jul 2015, 23:27

Hello, I am 22 and intrigued about my family history on my dads side. We leave in england now (but one of my dads cousins lives in new zealand who I know also is keen in this topic).

My Dads (whos in his 50s now give you idea of ages as I dont know dates), Grandad was called Domenico Caira. We have his old passport and can see he came over will believe when he was around 18-20. We have a marriage certificate of his parents Maria (possibly Anna Maria) Tamborini who married Marco Caira. We do not know if they were any other sibling but my dads does remember hearing his grandad having a card game where italian relatives came round when he was very young.

I am afraid this is all we know as he came from italy with very little and we believe there may have been a family aruement. He says he came over to england to be a Artist however, the photos he had (the only ones) was of him as young man and had cut everyone out of.

There seems to be links to Atina. If you maybe have any links or recognise this story please let us know it would be very interesting. Also a fun fact which I know strangeeee....I am a dyslexic (which is a lot people now days). However, it seems to have gone down the Italian side of the family. I know that clutching at straws but would be amusing.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Links to Domenico and Marco caira/Maria Tamborini

Postby adelfio » 18 Jul 2015, 16:31

Welcome to IG website can you post the passport and the marriage record so we can see the dates. Who was Domenico Caira wifes name?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Links to Domenico and Marco caira/Maria Tamborini

Postby Tessa78 » 19 Jul 2015, 16:45

For reference purposes... Is this your GGF in the 1911 England Census?

Dominico Caira
England and Wales Census, 1911
Name: Dominico Caira
Event Type: Census
Event Date: 1911
County: London
Parish: St James And St John Clerkenwell
Sub-District: Clerkenwell
Registration District: Holborn
Birthplace: Italy
Record Type: Household

OR... in this marriage record?

Caira
mentioned in the record of Caira and Maria D Di Vito
Name: Maria D Di Vito
Event Type: Marriage Registration
Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
Registration Year: 1928
Registration District: Sheffield
County: Yorkshire
Event Place: Sheffield, Yorkshire, England
Spouse Name (available after 1911): Caira
Volume: 9C
Page: 742
Line Number: 112

Caira probably married one of the following people
Name Domenico Caira

PERHAPS this is Domenico's father, Marco Caira in 1891 Census for England? This would put his DOB about 1864...

Marco Cairo
England and Wales Census, 1891
Name: Marco Cairo
Event Type: Census
Event Date: 1891
County: Yorkshire (West Riding)
Parish: LEEDS
Ecclesiastical Parish: ALL SAINTS
Sub-District: SOUTH EAST LEEDS
Registration District: LEEDS
Relationship to Head of Household: Head
Birthplace: Italy
Schedule Type: Household

Civil registrations for Atina are not available online YET... they are scheduled - see this site:
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... Records%29

T.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”