Francesco Cimino manifest

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Francesco Cimino manifest

Postby gagliociminoroots » 19 Jul 2015, 23:09

I found Francesco Cimino's manifest from 1898 and was wondering, since he was 15 at the time, who did he go see once he got off the boat?

Are the other Ciminos listed going to see the same person?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Francesco Cimino manifest

Postby Biff83 » 19 Jul 2015, 23:34

He was joining cousin Domenico Polizzotto. Other Ciminos were also going to NOLA but joining different people. However, further down on the manifest there is a Francesca Paola Polizzotto (Polirrotto) with her children going to NOLA but I can't decipher whom she was joining.

After disembarking at Ellis Island and gaining entry to the US, it's likely that all the New Orleans bound passengers boarded a train or trains for the trip to Louisiana.

"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

Re: Francesco Cimino manifest

Postby Tessa78 » 20 Jul 2015, 17:01

Hi Biff! :-)

I believe that Rosario Cimino on the line above Francesa Polizzotto was her husband.
They are joining "my allied" - probably friend/countryman - Salvatore Scurria in Schriever, Louisiana.
FYI - Schiever is in Terrabone Parish, LA

Return to “Italian Genealogy”