Help requesting records from Napoli Municipalità 6

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
starah

Help requesting records from Napoli Municipalità 6

Postby starah » 27 Jul 2015, 17:07

Greetings all,

I emailed the Ufficio Stato Civile for Napoli (stato.civile@comune.napoli.it) and requested birth record search for Barra, and got the following reply:

Gli atti dei nati in BARRA sono custoditi esclusivamente dalla Municipalità 6 -BARRA (TEL. 0817950406).
Distinti saluti
Ufficio Stato Civile

I don't speak Italian, so I am hesitant to call the phone number. I also haven't been able to find an email or postal address for the Municipalità 6 records department. Please let me know if you have had any success with requesting records for Barra, and any suggestions for emailing or mailing my request.

Also, this forum has been tremendously helpful in my search, and so I would like to sincerely thank you all. I'm learning so many fascinating things about my ancestors and about Italian history, and am getting quite good at reading old handwriting! Thanks so much.

Sarah

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Help requesting records from Napoli Municipalità 6

Postby adelfio » 28 Jul 2015, 02:46

You can email the request to the Archivio di Stato di Napoli,and ask for birth or marriage record. Leave the info for the person your requesting the record for and I will help with the request
Email Address: as-na@beniculturali.it

The Archivio di Stato di Napoli preserves, in complete series, the registers of birth, marriage and death of the municipalities of Naples and the province for the years 1809-1865. Store in a fragmented civil status from 1865 to 1900. For a research you must indicate the place and year of birth of the subject of the investigation and, if the subject was born in the city of Naples, also the (district) of belonging. In the absence of the above information they cant make a search of the records
So they want the section of the city of Naples if the search is for the city of Naples other wise they cant search the records because thats there mandate for searching for record.
So they will need that info
Quarters of city of Napoli
1. Pianura
2. Bagnoli
3. Posillipo
4. Fuorigrotta
5. Soccavo
6. Chiaiano
7. Arenella
8. Vomero
9. Chiaia
10. San Ferdinando
11. Montecalvario
12. San Giuseppe
13. Avvocata
14. Porto
15. Pendino
16. San Lorenzo
17. Mercato
18. Vicaria
19. Stella
20. San Carlo all'Arena
21. Piscinola-Marianella
22. Scampìa
23. Miano
24. Secondigliano
25. S.Pietro a Patierno
26. Poggioreale
27. Zona Industriale
28. San Giovanni a Teduccio
29. Barra
30. Ponticelli

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

starah

Postby starah » 28 Jul 2015, 17:20

Marty,

Thank you very much for your help, I will try the email address you suggested. This is the request I used, based on a form letter you posted on this forum. Please let me know if you have any suggestions/corrections, and thanks again!

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,

Mi chiamo Sarah Braibandi. Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delled informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Napoli (quartiere Barra). Vorrei sapere di più di loro.

La ringazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:

Nome e cognome: Raffaele Braibandi e Salvatore Braibandi (fratelli)
Nome e cognome del padre: Tommaso Braibandi
Nome e cognome della madre: Teresa Seno (forse scritto come Seni)
Luogo di nascita: Barra
Data di nascita: 1810 - 1812

Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potente fornire l'indirizzo dell'archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?

Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.

Sarah

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 28 Jul 2015, 17:44

Should be fine

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

starah

Postby starah » 04 Sep 2015, 20:57

Marty, thanks very much! With your help, I received a quick reply from the Archivio di Stato di Napoli via email and they were able to find and scan copies of the birth records quickly.

To anyone else who is looking for records from Barra or other comunes in Municipalità 6, I would encourage you to email them per Marty's recommendation.

Thanks again,
Sarah

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 05 Sep 2015, 16:59

Glad to help with your research Sarah

Marty

Marty

Return to “Italian Genealogy”