Need help translating a birth record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cj457pm

Need help translating a birth record

Postby cj457pm » 31 Jul 2015, 13:28

Please see the attached. It's the birth record for my great grandmother. I can read some of it, but I'm having troubles with other parts. Would mean a lot to me to know what this says. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Need help translating a birth record

Postby Tessa78 » 31 Jul 2015, 19:02

#269 - Dated 3 August 1894 at 9:30 AM at the town office.
Before the official... Francesco Anfossi, Mayor, and official of the records of the town of S. Bartolomeo in Galdo, appeared Maria Santagata, 46, peasant farmer residing in S. Bartolomeo in Galdo, to declare that at 8:30 AM on the 2nd of the current month, at the house at Vico D'Urso, #15, to Maria Assunta Pacifico, wife of Pasquale Iannelli, peasant farmers residing here, was born a female child who was presented to the official and to whom was given the name DONATA
Witnesses to the recording of the birth were Mariantonia Mazzilli, 50, peasant farmer; and Maria Giuseppe Cerro, 30, peasant farmer.
The declarant made the declaration of the abovesaid birth as she assisted in the birth to Pacifico and in place of the husband as he was in the countryside.
The official read the act to all present but only he signed as the others were illiterate...

NOTE: Annotation in column... On 22 March 1915, the above [Donata Iannelli] married with Matteo Catullo.

T.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”