re:new york city marriage records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

re:new york city marriage records

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 31 Jul 2015, 23:57

i'm trying to locate 2 possible marriages which,if they did occur,would have been in 1874/75 (antonino caldara & agostina landino) and 1894/95 (salvatore landino & catherine caldara). no idea of the burrough.i checked the lds film catalogue and find no indexes that would include all new york city marriages in these time periods.i need indexes that would cover all burroughs in these time periods.anyone out there familiar with new york city marriages in these time periods?

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: re:new york city marriage records

Postby Tessa78 » 01 Aug 2015, 02:39

Not sure that what you are looking for is actually available...

See this link
http://nysa32.nysed.gov/a/research/res_ ... tats.shtml

Are you familiar with the Italian Genealogy Group website? It allows you to do database searches of NYC indexes for marriages by groom and by bride - AND allows you to use "sounds like" and "wild card" searches...

I have located some marriages in the years you state above...

http://italiangen.org/

T.

mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

Re: re:new york city marriage records

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 01 Aug 2015, 02:47

did that ages ago.doesnt cover the years in question.doesn't make sense.just need a database covering all burroughs in new york for the years in question.wrote to the new york city archives at 31 chambers street.all they did was send me a listing of records available and forms to fill out for requesting the marriages.its possible the marriages never even occurred.but if they did my time frame is correct.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”