Mombercelli burials

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
RosalindJones
Rookie
Rookie

Mombercelli burials

Postby RosalindJones » 09 Aug 2015, 20:37

Does anyone know if there is a database or link to burials - I would like to find the resting place of some family in Mombercelli but have not had a response to my emails to the Diocese for this town.

paola52
Elite
Elite

Re: Mombercelli burials

Postby paola52 » 09 Aug 2015, 22:14

Hi Rosalind
Cemeteries in Italy are under the authority of the Comune. You can write to the Comune of Mombercelli, or else find someone who lives nearby and can have a look for you. But often graves have only a ten-year duration, so don't expect too much. However Mombercelli is a small comune and in tiny villages it is easier to find older graves. The family grave of my mother's family in a small Piedmontese village has headstones going back to XIX century. So maybe you'll have some luck
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 09 Aug 2015, 23:12

There is usually only one cemetery. You might find the piece on my website interesting.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

RosalindJones
Rookie
Rookie

Postby RosalindJones » 10 Aug 2015, 19:17

Thank you Paola - 10 years doesn't seem very long - almost afraid to ask what happens to the remains after then?

Other answer looks interesting - thank you Ann

Return to “Italian Genealogy”