Salvatore Rinella and Eleonora Calcagno , Trabia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Salvatore Rinella and Eleonora Calcagno , Trabia

Postby Marlena » 13 Aug 2015, 19:19

This record and a few that follow are the marriage of Salvatore and Eleonora , but does it say anywhere that Salvatore's father, who is also Salvatore married to Marianna Piazza is his second wife? How would you say second wife in Sicilian, seconda moglie, or is it a latin word?

Thank you, Marene

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,246187701
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Salvatore Rinella and Eleonora Calcagno , Trabia

Postby Italysearcher » 14 Aug 2015, 09:27

The documents attached to a marriage concern the married couple, NOT the civil status of his father.
'Secondo nozze' is usually what refers to a second marriage but it wouldn't be relevant here.
If the second wife is NOT the mother of the groom then his birth record would show that.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

Marlena
Elite
Elite

Postby Marlena » 14 Aug 2015, 17:19

Thanks for the clarification !
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.

joetucciarone
Rookie
Rookie

Postby joetucciarone » 14 Aug 2015, 22:35

I was looking at old newspaper articles today and saw the surname "Calcagno" in the August 26, 1906 edition of the New Orleans Daily Picayune. G. S. Calcagno was the Secretary of the newly formed "Societa Italian a di Mutua Beneficenza Terminese."

Marlena
Elite
Elite

Postby Marlena » 15 Aug 2015, 02:01

Joe, is that newspaper online with newspapers.com? My Gattuccio relatives are part of the Calcagno line. Thanks

joetucciarone
Rookie
Rookie

Postby joetucciarone » 15 Aug 2015, 10:16

Hi - I found the article on GenealogyBank.com. I'm trying to attach a copy of it here; if it doesn't work, PM your email to me and I'll send you a copy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marlena
Elite
Elite

Postby Marlena » 15 Aug 2015, 17:12

Thank you Joe, I'll print and check these names with my cousin and see what's in my family tree.
I've never used genealogy bank!
Marlene

Return to “Italian Genealogy”