Banchero / Bancheri

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nazca3366

Banchero / Bancheri

Postby nazca3366 » 20 Aug 2015, 00:52

Good day!
I found an index (birth index) and they have all the boys and girls, but they have all the Bancheri first and then Banchero (alphabetically), but..... is there any difference ??? or it was just a thing of preference??
I will be very thankful if I can receive any hint on this matter.
Grazzie!

Ana

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Banchero / Bancheri

Postby Italysearcher » 20 Aug 2015, 14:43

In later years they represent different families. Usually related in some way.
In earlier years the spelling often depended on the clerk registering the birth, or the pronunciation of the person declaring the birth. In many towns the last vowel was not of great importance, in others it denoted different branches of an originating family, or not.
An ambiguous reply but that is how it often is. You will need to be very careful to match all parts of the acts and NOT make assumptions.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

nazca3366

Re: Banchero / Bancheri

Postby nazca3366 » 20 Aug 2015, 21:27

Thank you! that helps a lot.
As far as I was able to track down the family, it was always Banchero; but now that I can see older records, there are 2 last names. I will be careful. Thank you for the advise.
Ana

Return to “Italian Genealogy”