I wrote a letter to the State Archives of Benevento

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cj457pm

I wrote a letter to the State Archives of Benevento

Postby cj457pm » 26 Aug 2015, 14:23

I wrote a letter to the State Archives of Benevento seeking information about my great-great grandparents. Below is the reply. I typed the reply into Google Translate and think I have the gist of it, but I also think I may be missing something in the nuance of translation. Would you please take a look at the letter and help me to translate it? I would truly appreciate your help. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PippoM
Master
Master

Re: I wrote a letter to the State Archives of Benevento

Postby PippoM » 27 Aug 2015, 09:16

First of all, they say the copies of their documents are not for legal use.
They found the three documents listed:

- military service for Pasquale Iannelli, son of Liborio and Donata del Buono. Unfortunately, he was born in 1878, but 1878 birth register for San Bartolomeo in Galdo is missing
- birth record of Antonio Maria Catullo, son of Matteo (son of deceased Francesco) and Maria Petta
- birth record of Donata Iannelli, with an annotation about her marriage to Matteo Catullo

As to Maria Assunta Pacifico and Maria Michela Saturnino, they need birth dates (I think year is enough) to go on with the search.
You can tell them what documents you need a copy of, and they'll tell you the fee, and how to pay.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

cj457pm

Re: I wrote a letter to the State Archives of Benevento

Postby cj457pm » 27 Aug 2015, 20:44

Thank you very much!

I have been talking with officials in San Bartolomeo in Galdo and they tell me that birth records for the commune are available back to 1875 and marriage records are available back to 1900. Both Maria Assunta Pacifico and Maria Michela Saturnino were likely born before 1875 and married before 1900. I have the birth certificates for their children (who are my great-grandparents), but neither mentions a birth date or age for the women. The State Archives of Benevento would like me to at least hone in on a birth year before they continue their research. Any suggestions on what I can do next?

Return to “Italian Genealogy”