Birth Date of Maria Giovanna Ciminelli (Cupero), born in Alife

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
RichardWBolson

Birth Date of Maria Giovanna Ciminelli (Cupero), born in Alife

Postby RichardWBolson » 27 Aug 2015, 20:37

I am trying to find the birth date for Maria Giovanna Ciminelli, who was born (I think) in Alife, Caserta around 1849. She was married in Alife on November 11, 1876 to Angelo Raffaele Cupero. She moved to the United States (New York) in 1898 and died there on November 19, 1926. She is buried in New York, but there is no headstone over her grave site. My wife (her great-granddaughter) and I would like to have a headstone erected over her grave, but we need her date of birth in order to do that. Any assistance provided in determining this information will be appreciated. Thank you very much. Richard Bolson

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Birth Date of Maria Giovanna Ciminelli (Cupero), born in Alife

Postby Tessa78 » 28 Aug 2015, 11:14

Do you have her death certificate? That should provide her date of birth.
According to NYC death index... it is certificate #28604, Manhattan, under name Giovanna Cupero, 84 y, death on 19 November 1926.

You can request a copy (for a fee) here:
http://www.nyc.gov/html/records/html/ar ... logy.shtml

Online records for Alife do not include earlier births.
You can rent and view microfilm of records at your nearest Family History Center.
You would need to request film #1173536
Nati 1843-1853

https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

T.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 28 Aug 2015, 15:48

On the marriage record it says she was 27 in 1876
CLICK TO ENLARGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 28 Aug 2015, 18:03

adelfio wrote:On the marriage record it says she was 27 in 1876
CLICK TO ENLARGE

Yes, Marty, I saw that. I suspect that is where the poster determined a DOB about 1849 :-)

T.

RichardWBolson

Postby RichardWBolson » 21 Sep 2015, 20:41

Her death certificate does not list a birth date, but it lists her as 84 years old, which is incorrect. She was approximately one year younger than her husband. I also have the marriage certificate which lists her as 27 and Raffaele as 28. Various U.S. censuses and immigration records confirm that she was one year younger than her husband, but I cannot find a complete date of birth. I have ordered Alife birth records from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but they haven't been received by my local center yet. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, though.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”