Licciardi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
marindell2

Licciardi

Postby marindell2 » 02 Sep 2015, 08:19

Am looking for my grandmother, birth name Maria Licciardi, born April 2, 1875. Family story has always considered her from Naples and that seems to make sense with her surname. She married Nicholas (Nicolo?) Sidoti and immigrated with her two children, Maria born 1899, and Jennie (Giovanna?) in 1898. I can't find immigration info on her, her husband, or children. I will be traveling to Italy and would love to get her birth certificate and any info I could. Any help would be appreciated.

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Licciardi

Postby Italysearcher » 03 Sep 2015, 08:40

Sidoti is not found in today's phone book for Naples, although Licciardi is. Both are found in North Italy and Sicily. www.paginebianche.it.
There are tips on locating the town of origin on my website.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 03 Sep 2015, 15:39

This is off your other post
Looking for my grandfather's birth record, Gaetano Natoli, born in Lipari (or Salina) in August 1874. I have been able to find immigration records for him but no record of his marriage to my grandmother, Maria Conchetta Sidoti (maiden name Licciardi) which had to have occurred between 1906 - 1909 or his first marriage which produced a boy (Joseph/ Giuseppe?) born in 1905 or 1906.

Is this your Jennie Sidoti
New York, State Census, 1915
Name:Jennie Sidoti
Birth Year:abt 1898
Birth Place:Italy
Residence Place:Wappinger, Dutchess
Relationship:Step Daughter
Gactano Natole 42
Mary Natole 40
Joseph Natole 10
Anna Natole 6
Gaetano Natole 2/12
Jennie Sidoti 17
Mary Sidoti 16

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

marindell2

Postby marindell2 » 04 Sep 2015, 02:33

Yes. That is my aunt. She is my grandmother's daughter from her first marriage. I don't know much about that marriage. On my cousin's death certificate, it lists Nicholas Sidote. I have searched for Nicolo Sidoti but have no other info to tie it to. My aunt Jennie (b. 1898) immigrated in 1899 with her mother (my grandmother Maria Sidoti, b. 4-2-1875) and her sister, Mary Sidoti (b. 1899). I can't find the ship info on them. Found lots of census and directory info.

As far as my grandfather (Gaetano Natoli b 8-1874)I looked at all the birth certificates I could from Lipari and Salina and couldn't find my grandfather's birth certificate.

What a journey! Thanks for your help.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”