MATTAY--DE MATTEO--Villalba, Caltanissetta, Sicilia, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jodilee
Rookie
Rookie

MATTAY--DE MATTEO--Villalba, Caltanissetta, Sicilia, Italy

Postby jodilee » 06 Sep 2015, 23:56

HI ALL,

Researching VITO & Mary (Colletti) MATTAY B: 1872 & April 19, 1874, in Villalba, Caltanissetta, Sicilia, Italy...Immigrated to USA 1894 or 7, not sure. M: September 4, 1937, in Kings County, New York. I believe there were 10 children all born in the USA.
I've been out of the research loop for several years now and any direction you can point me in would be appreciated.

Thanks so Much......Jodi
Researching: CANTONI, KAHRS, LEVATI, RAFFA, DORST, HUFNAGEL, BRUSCHI, RUSH, FERRARI, CARUSO, VELCAMP, BAER, BERNAUER, DEROGATIS, KLEIN, LARSEN, YARROW, MEOLA, POND, RAUCHWERGER,RIEBOLDT,WASSMER, WISE

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: MATTAY--DE MATTEO--Villalba, Caltanissetta, Sicilia, Italy

Postby Tessa78 » 07 Sep 2015, 01:15

Located this birth record for Vito Dimatte (accent over the e) in Villalba in 1870
Record #40
Dated 18 March 1870, birth on 15 March
Mother: Gaetana Castrogiovanni, 32, (daughter of deceased Pasquale)
Father: Nicolo di Matte, 34
Child given the name Vito

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

And this record for Maria Teresa Colletti In 1875 in Villalba
Record #79
Dated 20 May 1875, birth on 18 May
Mother: Vincenza Cortese, 40
Father: Alessandro Colletti, 48
Child given the name Maria Giuseppa Sofia Teresa

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Is this your Vito?
Death in 1953, Jamestown NY
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... d=80373566

T.

jodilee
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jodilee » 07 Sep 2015, 02:49

WOW..YES TESSA !! Thanks so much, what a treasure. I'm not trying to push my luck here but let me throw this out there....Although those are BOTH the people I'm looking for, I'm coming across information that states Vito immigrated in 1894 and that he and Maria Theresa didn't marry until 1937. Therefore I would assume there was another wife since his son Nicholas was born in 1899 and he had 10 children. I'm coming across the name of Jessie. no last name.....I just might have to drive up to New York because I am finding nothing via the internet. Thanks so Much for your time......Awesome.,....Jodi
Researching: CANTONI, KAHRS, LEVATI, RAFFA, DORST, HUFNAGEL, BRUSCHI, RUSH, FERRARI, CARUSO, VELCAMP, BAER, BERNAUER, DEROGATIS, KLEIN, LARSEN, YARROW, MEOLA, POND, RAUCHWERGER,RIEBOLDT,WASSMER, WISE

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 07 Sep 2015, 05:21

No other marriage! :D

Vito Di Matte and Maria Teresa Colletti were married in Villalba in 1893 before they immigrated...
Vito was 23, and Maria was 18.

Record #19 - dated 23 September 1893
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 1.jpg.html

Saved you a trip :lol:

T.

jodilee
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jodilee » 08 Sep 2015, 19:08

Wow....No kidding.....saved me more then a trip, the saved hours of dead end finds is a blessing all by itself. Thanks so Much Tessa......You are an Angel !! Happy Hunting....Jodi

Return to “Italian Genealogy”