D'Aquila family tree road block

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mungsprout

D'Aquila family tree road block

Postby mungsprout » 09 Sep 2015, 20:04

I am stuck and was hoping someone might be able to help. I cannot find any info on the parents of:

Emilia D'Aquila
born about 1867 in or near Castellammare di Stabia

She was married to Luigi Di Rosa 1857-1897 (parents Nicolo and Maria Conte)

One of Emilia and Luigi's children was Maria Di Rosa 1890-1972

I have only been able to find records mentioning Emilia in relation to her daughter Antonetta.
Was hoping someone might be able to help me figure out who Emilia's parents were. Thank you!

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: D'Aquila family tree road block

Postby adelfio » 10 Sep 2015, 15:59

After looking at Luigi De Rosa 1857-1897 (parents Nicolo and Maria Conte) death record it says he was born in Giffoni Valle Piana is a town in the province of Salerno and died in Castellammare di Stabia maybe Emilia D'Aquila was from there also
Brothers of Luigi De Rosa military records

Nome: Raffaele De Rosa
Classe: 1866
Comune di nascita: Giffoni Valle Piana
Full text:De Rosa Raffaele di Nicola e Conte Maria nato il 12\1\1866 a Giffoni Valle Piana di professione

Nome: Ciro De Rosa
Classe: 1857
Full text: De Rosa Ciro di Nicola e Conte Maria nato il 12\11\1857 a Giffoni Valle Piana di professione

Nome: Domenicantonio De Rosa
Classe: 1868
Full text: De Rosa Domenicantonio di Nicola e Conte Maria nato il 15\3\1868 a Giffoni Valle Piana di professione contadino

PG LINK TO DEATH RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XPFX-VT5

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

mungsprout

Re: D'Aquila family tree road block

Postby mungsprout » 10 Sep 2015, 18:14

Thanks Marty! I will look into that town. There were some D'Aquila cousins that settled in Connecticut that my mom knew as a child and thinks were some relation to Emilia but I don't know much beyond that. I will see if Giffoni Valle Piana reveals anything :)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”