Looking for the correct parish

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cj457pm

Looking for the correct parish

Postby cj457pm » 11 Sep 2015, 21:25

I started my genealogical search by contacting the commune of San Bartolomeo in Galdo. They were helpful in finding some information, but were restricted to birth records from 1875 forward and marriage records from 1900 forward. They recommended contacting the State Archives of Benevento for more help prior to those dates. Benevento was somewhat helpful, but didn't seem to have the records that match up with the great-great grandparents that I'm trying to find or didn't want to search without more specific dates.

1. Antonio Maria Catullo - found out his birth date (1865) and parents' names, so I think I'm on my way.
2. Maria Michela Saturnino - this is his wife. On the birth certificate for their son (in 1893), it lists everyone's ages except for hers. Benevento wasn't willing to search without a birth year, but I have no idea how to find any further information.

3. Pasquale Iannelli - found out his birth date (1878) and parents' names, so I think I'm on my way here too.
4. Maria Assunta Pacifico - this is his wife. Again, her age is not listed on their daughter's birth certificate ( in 1894), so I have no idea.
Both of these people were deceased by the time their daughter was married in 1915.

Benevento suggested trying to contact the parish where my ancestors were married. What can I do to figure out which parish to contact? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

paola52
Elite
Elite

Re: Looking for the correct parish

Postby paola52 » 12 Sep 2015, 10:10

Hi!
Marriages usually took place in the wife's parish. Supposing they were all from San Bartolomeo in Galdo this is the address of the parish
Parrocchia San Bartolomeo apostolo
Corso Roma
82028 - San Bartolomeo in Galdo - BN
Italia

Tel.: 0824/963893
Fax: 0824/963843
At any rate it is worth a try!
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 12 Sep 2015, 11:50

Ask Benevento to search for the marriages in the 3 year prior to the birth's of their children. If not found repeat the request for the next 3 year period.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 12 Sep 2015, 16:19

This church is close to the house at Vico D'Urso, #15 house of baby Donata Iannelli

PARROCCHIA CUORE IMMACOLATO DI MARIA-CONVENTO FRATI MINORI
Via San Francesco D'Assisi ,1
82028 San Bartolomeo In Galdo (BN)
Italy

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Return to “Italian Genealogy”