Need help with Italian Documents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bde123

Need help with Italian Documents

Postby bde123 » 17 Sep 2015, 21:30

I'm looking for help acquiring documents from Italy showing that my great-grandfather had Italian citizenship at the time of his death, in Italy. (he renounced when he came to the U.S. for a few years, then went back to Italy for over 30 years, so I want to be able to prove that he was an Italian citizen when he died just in-case they ask when they see that he renounced at one point.)

I'm not sure what document this would be, any tips of who can help me would be great. I'm in Los Angeles and acquiring dual citizenship through great-grandfather.

Thanks!

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Need help with Italian Documents

Postby adelfio » 18 Sep 2015, 15:17

Welcome to IG website
How about names birthdate and where in Italy

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

bde123

Postby bde123 » 18 Sep 2015, 19:32

Michele Pirro
Vico Gargano, Foggia, Italy
Birthdate: 2/19/1908

Any help appreciated! Thanks.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 18 Sep 2015, 22:14

Was his wifes name Josephine Elmo?

Send this email for his birth record perhaps it will have a sidenote on his death to prove that he was an Italian citizen when he died

Email statocivile@comune.vicodelgargano.fg.it
Ufficio Stato Civile
Comune di Vico Gargano
Piazza San Domenico 5
71018 - Vico del Gargano - FG
Italy

Dott.ssa Daniela Pia Capodilupo

OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di atti di nascita di Michele Pirro il 1908 di ottenere la cittadinanza italiana

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOUR NAME. Sono un cittadino americano discendente da Italiani e sto cercando di ottenere la cittadinanza italiana
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere il Vostro aiuto, poiche` mi necessita l’estratto dell’atto di nascita, in formato internazionale di Michele Pirro nato a Vico Gargano il 19 febbraio 1908
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

bde123

Postby bde123 » 18 Sep 2015, 22:27

Yes, and thank you!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”