Italian Military Record Translation Request

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Italian Military Record Translation Request

Postby EMTLP » 26 Sep 2015, 02:56

With help from this website I was able to order my great grandfathers military records. They are both named Vincenzo LoRusso. The files are large so I'll post them separately. Would someone kindly translate them for me. I can only pick out a few names and dates. I hope to share them with my family at our reunion in October. Thank you for your help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Re: Italian Military Record Translation Request

Postby EMTLP » 26 Sep 2015, 03:06

Attached is the second record. Thanks again, Eileen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gags
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Gags » 26 Sep 2015, 03:26

Very cool!! I'm sure someone here will be able to help with a precise translation. I'm thinking that he was in the cavalry.

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 26 Sep 2015, 08:22

First record (80)
Vincenzo Lorusso, born in Avigliano June 8 1866, son of Francesco and Maria Sabia.
Served in the cavalry
Second record (139)
Vincenzo Lorusso, born in Avigliano Sept 1873, son of Francesco and Carminella Nardozza.
Served in the infantry

EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Postby EMTLP » 29 Sep 2015, 12:52

Thank you for your help. Is there anything of interest in the middle of the documents. I thought there was mention of a disability on one of them? Any more detail would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, Eileen

paola52
Elite
Elite

Postby paola52 » 30 Sep 2015, 16:16

The first Vincenzo, the one born in 1866 and serving in the cavalry, was discharged for health reasons after he was injured in service in 1890. An horse kicked his left knee while he was harnessing him. Recalled to duty in artillery in 1893, and after that he was part of the milizia territoriale (home troops)
On the left of the form there is his description. He was 168 and half cm. tall, brown complexion, straight brown hair, brown eyes, good teeth, a scar on his forehead. He was a peasant.
The other Vincenzo was 158 and half tall, rosy complexion, straight blond hair, brown eyes, good teeth. He was a peasant and had no education.
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan

EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Postby EMTLP » 30 Sep 2015, 23:54

Thank you so much for the translation. Your help is very much appreciated.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”