iMMIGRATION-census

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
antonio43
Veteran
Veteran

iMMIGRATION-census

Postby antonio43 » 07 Sep 2005, 01:41

Hello, i write you a few months ago, because i wnated some information about an ancestors who immigrated in america. And i have had more informations. On the website ancestr.com, where we can see the census i can see various people who have the same name than my g.g.grand-father. Nevertheless, in order to have more informations, you have to subscribe with our credit card number(I don't have one).

So I wanted to know if someone can help me to make a list with various informationsthe census (1930 OR 1920)on the web of the people who can be of my family. i need various infomation in order to be sure the people i search is the good one, because my father told me that often hen people went in america they wer errors in ellis island.

My ancestor was Joseph Savino, born in italy, between 1884 and 1886. When his son got married he was said to be in the Usa. his father was called Nicola.His wife died in 1918

I wish you could help me.

john_dominic
Veteran
Veteran

Re: iMMIGRATION-census

Postby john_dominic » 07 Sep 2005, 05:34

antonio43 wrote:Hello, i write you a few months ago, because i wnated some information about an ancestors who immigrated in america. And i have had more informations. On the website ancestr.com, where we can see the census i can see various people who have the same name than my g.g.grand-father. Nevertheless, in order to have more informations, you have to subscribe with our credit card number(I don't have one).

So I wanted to know if someone can help me to make a list with various informationsthe census (1930 OR 1920)on the web of the people who can be of my family. i need various infomation in order to be sure the people i search is the good one, because my father told me that often hen people went in america they wer errors in ellis island.

My ancestor was Joseph Savino, born in italy, between 1884 and 1886. When his son got married he was said to be in the Usa. his father was called Nicola.His wife died in 1918

I wish you could help me.

What cit(ies) did he live in America?

We really need that, since Savino isn't THAT rare...

brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby brujaojos » 07 Sep 2005, 05:39

antonio43 wrote:My ancestor was Joseph Savino, born in italy, between 1884 and 1886. When his son got married he was said to be in the Usa. his father was called Nicola.His wife died in 1918

Dear Antonio,

I just want to make sure I have the information correct.

Nicola is the father of Joseph (Giuseppe), correct?

Joseph (Giuseppe) was born between 1886, correct?

Do you know the name of Nicola's wife?

Do you know where Joseph settled in the USA?

Do you know who Joseph married and some of his children's names?

It will help with searching the census.

Get back to us and we'll be happy to help.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum

antonio43
Veteran
Veteran

Postby antonio43 » 07 Sep 2005, 16:41

Hello,

SAVINO Joseph (Giuseppe), was born between 1883-1885. He was the son of SAVINO Nicola and LIPORI(LIPARI) Rosa.
SAVINO Joseph (Giuseppe), got married on January 1907, with VACCARO Maria-Caterina in Italy
He has got 4 children in Italia: Rosa, Nicola, Canio and Bernardina.

As my father said, it's possibily that when he went to america he didn't tell all the truth about his identity, in order not to be known.

i wish you coulod really help me

girty
Veteran
Veteran

Postby girty » 08 Sep 2005, 18:02

I was on ancestry.com and have found quite a few Savino's, but really need to narrow down where they may have lived in US? Have you tried Ellis Island? Even looking for his wife you may find him. She would most likely travel by her maiden name.

antonio43
Veteran
Veteran

Postby antonio43 » 08 Sep 2005, 19:57

His wife is died in August 1918 in Italy, a few day before his girl was born; but the wife is said to be when she is died under the protection of the priest. So i don't know if the husband was or not in I Italy when she died .

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 09 Sep 2005, 11:19

antonio43 wrote:Hello,

SAVINO Joseph (Giuseppe), was born between 1883-1885. He was the son of SAVINO Nicola and LIPORI(LIPARI) Rosa.
SAVINO Joseph (Giuseppe), got married on January 1907, with VACCARO Maria-Caterina in Italy
He has got 4 children in Italia: Rosa, Nicola, Canio and Bernardina.

As my father said, it's possibily that when he went to america he didn't tell all the truth about his identity, in order not to be known.

i wish you coulod really help me

Antonio, just an suggestion:
-because Giuseppe( Joseph) had 4 children, and he was married in 1907, and Bernardina is last daughter and Maria Caterina decesead in 1918, so I think that, most probable, Giuseppe came in USA almost, 1 or 2 times, and last time, around Bernardina birth (9 months before of birth....)

-if for you is possible to know in Acerenza common, Ufficio di Stato Civile or Ufficio Anagrafe the just birthdate of Bernardina... also if is possible to know birthdate of Giuseppe, and again if possible, that in the Common they have the Foglio di Famiglia; in this document are the year of emigration also, and so the search is very precise, otherwise are many possibility of error, because are many Joseph Savino,

-and also for search of ship's manifest, because as you know in Italy Giuseppe and Savino are also the first names, so is possible some error, between first and last name, on ship's manifest... if, after your new input, we know the probable year of emigration ( referring Bernardina birthyear) the search is more easy...
regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 09 Sep 2005, 11:34

this is the only Joseph Savino that i found, coming from Cerenza( Acerenza/Potenza province, Basilicata aka Lucania region)-Basilicata, born the 15 sept 1888, please see http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/8194 ... aft5uu.jpg
also seems that are wrote married. wife and child.. race caucasian
the resume:
Name: Joseph Savino
City: Queens
County: Queens
State: New York
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Date: 15 Oct 1888
Race: Caucasian
Roll: 1787093
DraftBoard: 175

suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

girty
Veteran
Veteran

Postby girty » 09 Sep 2005, 18:05

I'm still afraid there is not enough information. It sounds like theonly one who ever came to America is Joseph. Did he leave all his family in Italy? Is that where you are now? We really do want to help. but need to know more info....Please tell us where he may have lived...and if known where is he from in Italy?

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 09 Sep 2005, 18:34

Hi girty, in other messages, Antonio43 says that he live in France(french) and most probable Antonio43 is an descendant of first son of Joseph, this is an my personal idea obviously... In another message also he say that Giuseppe came from Cerenza( Acerenza) in Basilicata region.. from all that I read about Giuseppe/joseph, I understand that the wife and the child was in Italy, and because for the child's birth are necessary both the relatives, so is very possible that Joseph lived single in USA for an time and back in Italy the just time for child's births.. so.
About the draftboard , really are many right points with Joseph, the birthplace especially, and in all this search, this record is the first record with Cerenza birthplace... If Antonio43 can provide more info, it will be better to help...regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

antonio43
Veteran
Veteran

Postby antonio43 » 09 Sep 2005, 19:45

Hello,

Joseph Savino, got married on January, 17th 1910 in Acerenza.
His wife died on August, 25 1918;OIn this act the priest write "uxor Giuseppe Savino, sub mea absistentia". it perhaps means that the husband was not in italy when she died.
HerE the date of birth of his children(all born in Italy)
-Rosa, born on November, 1st 1907.
-Nicola, born on November, 3rd 1910.
-Canio, born on August, 11th 1913. He died on 1915.
-Bernardina, born on August, 22nd 1918 . She died on August, 26th 1918.

Thanks

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 09 Sep 2005, 20:07

Antonio:

you see my prevoius messages( about the request in Acerenza common)????

- you see the draftcard 1917/8, (in my previous message http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/8194 ... aft5uu.jpg )??

-about latin phrase, say: Giuseppe Savino's wife , under my attendance, meaning that Joseph asked to the priest of wife attend ...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

antonio43
Veteran
Veteran

Postby antonio43 » 09 Sep 2005, 20:22

Thanks for your help Suanj,

but i can read the links, because the picture is too small. Is it possible to send me this by my letterbox, if possible.

Thanks.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 09 Sep 2005, 20:28

Antonio, this is another link to 150%
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/2418 ... ino6cj.jpg
in line 5 you can read:;
Cerenza Basilicata Potenza italy
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

antonio43
Veteran
Veteran

Postby antonio43 » 09 Sep 2005, 20:36

Suanj,

i need a few information : what is this document, when was it written?

And i have another problem i can't still read the paper. im sorry

Return to “Italian Genealogy”