Help with denealogy research

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ms_mary58
Rookie
Rookie

Help with denealogy research

Postby ms_mary58 » 29 Sep 2015, 22:02

I am seeking information about a couple of my ancestors. My grandfather, Alberto Stortini, DOB April 17, 1888 in San Elpido, Marche, Italy. I know his father was named Raffaele Stortini, and his mother's name was either Yolanda Chimadiamore or Viola Arnre (I cannot find information on either). Alberto immigrated to the US in 1904, followed by his brother Pompeo in 1905, and his brother Pasquale in 1910. I have their records from Ellis Island. Also in the Ellis Island records I discovered that his father, Raffaele, along with his siblings Assunta (Azzunta), Luigi, and Guiseppe were scheduled to arrive at Ellis Island in 1922, but did not sail. That is where the trail ends, I cannot locate anything further.

The second person that I am researching is my great-grandmother, Maddalena Di Caprio, born in Alife in either 1856 or 1859. Maddelena arrived in the US on 25 June 1891on the Washington. Traveling with Maddalena was her daughter Maria, who was either 4 or 7 years old. Maria died of measles on the voyage, and was buried at sea. Maddalena married Michele (Marcellino) Orso, but I do not know if they were married in Italy or in the US. Again, I am unable to locate an further information about Maddalena's parents, siblings, etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Help with denealogy research

Postby adelfio » 30 Sep 2015, 17:31

Welcome to IG website
Marriage of Marcellino Orsi and Maddalena Di Caprio and the birth record of Maria Orsi
DOUBLE CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 30 Sep 2015, 21:56

Translation of birth record
Birth of Maria Candida Orsi
Index#95
1882 Sept 23th in the town of Alife in a house on vico Casemera #11 birth of Maria Candida Orsi daughter of Marcellino Orsi age 27 farmer and Maria Maddalena Di Caprio his wife

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 30 Sep 2015, 22:07

Translation of marriage record
INDEX#26
1880 Nov 25th in the town of Alife appeared Marcellino Orsi age 25 farmer born and resides in Alfie son of Pascale Orsi and Maria Michela Sanfelice married Maria Maddalena Di Caprio age 22 farmer born and resides in Alfie daughter of Sisto Di Caprio and Concetta Di Franco

Marty

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 30 Sep 2015, 22:48

Birth of Giovanni Orsi
Index#93
1881 Aug 18 in the town of Alife in a house on via Napoli #28 birth of Giovanni Orsi son of Marcellino Orsi age 25 farmer and Maddalena Di Caprio his wife

DOUBLE CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marty

ms_mary58
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help with genealogy research

Postby ms_mary58 » 02 Oct 2015, 02:31

Thank you!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”