Help finding Italian Birthplace/record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cometcrater

Help finding Italian Birthplace/record

Post by cometcrater »

Hi all!

I'm in the process of gathering all the documents required for Italian citizenship and what not. I'm only missing one- My great grandfather's birth certificate.
His name was Francesco Luigi Nicol Ferrua. Sometimes shortened to Frank Luigin Ferrua. It varies depending on the document really.
He was born May 24th, 1894 I believe in Liguria, possibly somewhere around Orco Feglino which is where he listed his mother as living when he arrived in America at 17 years old.
I believe his parents names were Ambrogio Ferrua and Maria (Maiden name Passtorino).

I'm just looking for some thing that is a for sure birthplace before I have to send some amount of money out to try and get a copy of the certificate...

Really any help at all is immensely appreciated!!!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Help finding Italian Birthplace/record

Post by suanj »

Hi, by ship's manifest, Orco feglino was the last residence, but he was born in Albisola superiore:
Francesco Luigi Nicolò FERRUA born in Albisola Superiore on 24 May 1894 son of Ambrogio Ferrua 40 old farmer and of Maria Pastorino farmer also

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

click to enlarge the picture.
Best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
cometcrater

Post by cometcrater »

Thank you so much! You brought tears to my mothers eyes when I told her you had found his birth town. We were feeling so discouraged! Thank you so so so much. I literally cannot express my gratitude enough.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Happy to help!
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH