Question about a death record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rancelli
Elite
Elite

Question about a death record

Postby rancelli » 09 Oct 2015, 20:53

A friend of mine from Italy was able to get a my gr grandfather's birth record for me. On his birth record there is a notation of his death that happened in America. Does anyone know why they would add that there? Is it like an announcement for the locals back in Italy?

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Question about a death record

Postby suanj » 09 Oct 2015, 21:38

Hi, surely and clearly...
it was sent the US death certificate in Italy, ( from USA to Italy: someone sent the Death certificate) asking the transcription in death register and by that, the death note on the birth act also.. consequentially.... just to know that he had died and where...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

James Graham
Veteran
Veteran

Postby James Graham » 09 Oct 2015, 21:57

if one applies for dual citizenship, would the documents sent to the comune for recognition be used to transcript marriages and deaths of the emigrants?

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 10 Oct 2015, 08:05

the documents collected and useful for dual citizenship recognition, starting from Birth certificate of italian immigrated in USA, and so all US documents translated in Italian, as a well for the family member and descendents until living applicant.
These documents don't are transcribed in vital records of Commune, they are just checked by Consulate, sent in the Commune, re-checked again, checking if the italian ancestor was born in the Commune effectively and emigrated in USA ( the Commune must recognize that the Birth certificate of italian ancestor, presented from applicant is true and no false, and because was issued by same clerk, it is ok) and all documents translated in italian Language also. When all ok, the italian citizenship is recognized, and in this time, the Birth certificate of applicant, (as a well his marriage and wife name and Birth certificate of children if applied with father) are transcribed in AIRE register( the register of italian Citizens resident in foreign country)...
The transcription of a US Death record abt a italian immigrated in USA, can be made just:
-by Consulate, if he died alone, unmarried and no naturalized
-by relatives..: if he had wife or children in USA, and however wishing that the Commune know abt his Death; so the relatives send the US Death certificate asking the transcription of a italian deceased in foreign country

viceversa if a italian, naturalized in USA, came back in Italy and died in Italy, the italian government send the Death certificate in USA for the transcription... so it is a US Citizen ( ex italian Citizen) deceased in foreign Country ( ex Birth country)

so for a applicant, when the italian citizenship is recognized, just his certificates are transcribed, and abt his wife and children also if applied in same time, but no of his generations back, as a well the Death of his italian ancestor; the documents remaining in the Commune, in the "Allegati" folder of applicant..

I know so...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”