Constance Porzio D'Agostino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ENew

Constance Porzio D'Agostino

Postby ENew » 22 Oct 2015, 01:01

This inquiry is a shot in the dark, but I'm totally frustrated! Here's what I know about Constance Porzio D'Agostino.

She was born Concetta Porzio to Gennaro and Rosa Fushino Porzio in November 1900 in Manhattan, NY. She was their first child. Gennaro had immigrated to New York earlier in the year. I have a copy of her birth certificate.

At some point it appears Concetta americanized her name to Constance because she signed off as a witness to certain family members' applications for citizenship in the 1930's. It is also on these applications where her occupation is listed as "teacher".

By 1939 she is known as Constance D'Agostino per her signing off as an informant on her father's death certificate, so I'm assuming she married at some point in the 1930's. I haven't been able to locate her marriage license info, nor can I find her in the 1940 census.

When I look up any information on her via familysearch, it seems she passed away in February 1969 in Brooklyn, NY. During google searches, I find there was a woman by the name of Constance D'Agostino in Brooklyn during the 1940's who was a member of the NY Democratic State Committee, but I have no idea if it's the same person.

So, what are my questions? Who did she marry and is her obituary obtainable? I'm hoping her obituary will have the details of her spouse as well as any children she may have had.

Thanks for reading!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”