death records in messina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

death records in messina

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 01 Nov 2015, 21:02

i'm trying to locate death records for my 2nd great grandparents in the province of messina.domenico bonarrigo(b.ca.1820 in oppido mamertina reggio calabria di francesco and grazia rizzo) and mattia puleio(b.ca.1818 in san filippo delmela messina padre incerto and carmela rigulo).they married in santa lucia del mela in 1845.they had several children all born there between 1845 and 1852.my paternal grandmothers adoptive mother was their daughter maria,born in 1847.they were living as of 1852 and most likely died by 1900 give or take a few years.but not in soccorso gualtieri sicamino as i thoroughly checked the lds films for that comune.i also checked santa lucia del mela a neighboring comune but found nothing.this information was also confirmed by the stato civile in these comunes. the other possible research places would be san filippo del mela(where mattia was born),oppido mamertina reggio calabria,where domenico was born(unlikely that they would leave messina for reggio calabria as their children were all born in messina) and barcellona pozzo di gotto,where their daughter resided with her common law husband francesco landino,the adoptive/surrogate parents of my paternal grandmother,maria costante,who was born there"ignoti genitori" in 1883.as maria bonarrigo and francesco landino were living together from ca.1872,when she was about 25 its possible her parents domenico and mattia were there as well. in searching san filippo del mela between 1852 and 1900 i see no indexes for the atti di nascita although the birth occurences are relatively small. checking death indexes in a large city such as barcellona pozzo di gotto is very difficult as there appear to be many pages for each year,and i need to check everything from 1852 to about 1900.i wrote to both the civil records offices in san filippo del mela and barcellona pozzo di gotto with these requests(death records searches from 1852-1900) with no response as of now.probably way too much to request. if anyone out there is research death records in san filippo del mela or barcellona pozzo di gotto ca. 1852-1900 and could help in any way that would be most appreciated. thank you

mezzogiorno62
Elite
Elite

Re: death records in messina

Postby mezzogiorno62 » 01 Nov 2015, 22:19

correction.all children born to domenico bonarrigo and mattia puleio were born in soccorso,a frazione of gualtieri sicamino.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”