Vodo Di Cadore family tree

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
xdream4

Vodo Di Cadore family tree

Postby xdream4 » 06 Nov 2015, 22:31

I have been trying to build my family tree and I can get up three branches pretty far but one branch I can't get past my great grandfather. I even went and visited Vodo and spoke with some locals without any real luck. I am looking for any family of my great grandfather Josef (Joseph) Belfi. He was born there Oct 20 1879. He married a women named Philomena Caroli from Verona. The interesting twist is that my grandfather was born in Dresden Germany in 1905. Josef went to the US in 1904 and then all three of them came back to the US in 1906. When visiting Vodo I was told that my grandfather Eberhard and his brothers Alex and Ernest would come back to Vodo for the summers. Does anyone know anything of this story? Most important is I would love to figure out Joseph's parents, brothers sisters. I realize Belfi is a very popular name.
Thank you

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Vodo Di Cadore family tree

Postby adelfio » 07 Nov 2015, 16:50

Birth record of Giuseppe Belfi
Index #54
1879 Oct 20th in the town of Vodo Di Cadore birth of Giuseppe Belfi son of Ernesto Belfi age 37 land owner and his wife Giovanna Belfi

PG LINK TO RECORD
http://interactive.ancestry.com/1896/31 ... 4547-00019

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 07 Nov 2015, 17:44

Birth of Maria Giuseppina Belfi
Index#26
1873 June 3rd in the town of Vodo Di Cadore in a house in borgo di Chiaridiego #88 birth of Maria Giuseppina Belfi daughter of Ernesto Belfi age 37 cabinet maker and mason (son of deceased Giuseppe Belfi) and his wife Giovanna Belfi (daughter of deceased Tommaso Belfi)
They use the name detto Longo to their surname to distinguish from the other Belfi's in the same town

PG INK TO RECORD
http://interactive.ancestry.com/1896/31 ... 2249-00016

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

xdream4

Postby xdream4 » 07 Nov 2015, 22:13

This is great, thank you so much. We have been trying to figure this side of the family. Joseph left Vodo because of there being too many mouths to feed. Somehow he ended up in Dresden marrying a women from Verona, who we have no info on either, then moving to the US. Another interesting thing, after Russia began releasing property back to the Germans, we found out Joseph's wife, Philomena owned an apartment building. My grandfather would tell us all these stories if German princes and that Josef wasn't his real father. Thank you again for giving me some help.

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 08 Nov 2015, 01:28

adelfio wrote:Birth record of Giuseppe Belfi
Index #54
1879 Oct 20th in the town of Vodo Di Cadore birth of Giuseppe Belfi son of Ernesto Belfi age 37 land owner and his wife Giovanna Belfi

PG LINK TO RECORD
http://interactive.ancestry.com/1896/31 ... 4547-00019

Marty

KEEP CLICKING TO ENLARGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 08 Nov 2015, 01:30

adelfio wrote:Birth of Maria Giuseppina Belfi
Index#26
1873 June 3rd in the town of Vodo Di Cadore in a house in borgo di Chiaridiego #88 birth of Maria Giuseppina Belfi daughter of Ernesto Belfi age 37 cabinet maker and mason (son of deceased Giuseppe Belfi) and his wife Giovanna Belfi (daughter of deceased Tommaso Belfi)
They use the name detto Longo to their surname to distinguish from the other Belfi's in the same town

PG INK TO RECORD
http://interactive.ancestry.com/1896/31 ... 2249-00016

Marty

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 08 Nov 2015, 15:50

Marriage publication of Giuseppe Belfi and Filomena Quiroli

Parte #2 record #1

1906 Feb 26 recorded in the town of Vodo from the town of Frieberg,Saxony 1906 Feb 21 appeared Giuseppe Belfi born in Vodo 10/20/1879 son of Ernesto Belfi and Giovanna Belfi to marry Filomena Quiroli born in Politz, Bohemia 2/27/1877 daughter of Quirino Quiroli and Barbara Wacek

KEEP CLICKING TO ENLARGE IMAGE

Marty

xdream4

Postby xdream4 » 09 Nov 2015, 14:09

Wow so they married after my grandfather was born. Maybe there is something to this German prince thing

Return to “Italian Genealogy”