What is the Best way to search?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
andieh69
Rookie
Rookie

What is the Best way to search?

Postby andieh69 » 15 Nov 2015, 17:12

What is the easiest way to search for family names in the tribunals without looking through thousands of images? Also when the records only go back to a certain year is there another place to find older records? For example the Palmerino records I need only go back to 1862.. How do I find two ancestors born 20 years prior to that?

Lastly best way to search to see if ancestors had siblings?
Thank you...

krash142
Veteran
Veteran

Re: What is the Best way to search?

Postby krash142 » 15 Nov 2015, 22:32

I would look through indexes if I were you. They are generally at the beginning or end of the record sets. In birth record indexes, the father is nearly always listed, and if you're lucky, the mother is too. The date of the record, and the page or number of the record in that set will be listed as well. This is true of all towns during the Napoleonic era, and most in the Italian unification era, and towns not controlled by Austria for the early 1800s, meaning Friuli-Venezia Giulia and some other regions.

andieh69
Rookie
Rookie

Re: What is the Best way to search?

Postby andieh69 » 16 Nov 2015, 02:48

Thanks!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”