Luci & D'Agostino (Reggio Calabria: Ardore & Sant llario dello Jonio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
marniebl

Luci & D'Agostino (Reggio Calabria: Ardore & Sant llario dello Jonio

Postby marniebl » 18 Nov 2015, 20:04

Can anyone help with accessing records in Ardore & Sant llario dello Junio? I'm attempting to verify information for both Luci and D'Agostino that I received from Comune di Ardore several years ago:
1) 1873 marriage record of Rocco Guiseppe Luci, age 24, native of S. Ilario Jonio, married Maria Nicolina D'Agostino, age 24, native of Ardore. Based on this, both were born ca. 1849. This is probably the marriage record as their oldest known son was Rosario Nicola Luci, b. ca 1874. My husband's grandfather was their second son, Tommaso Bruno Luci, b. May 1876. I am not sure if there were other children.

2) Death record for Guiseppe Luci 1879 age 32; but no cause, no name of spouse or parents listed. (His birthdate ca 1847--close enough to age listed in marriage record).

3) Birth record for Maria Nicolina D'Agostino which stated she was born in 1830, daughter of Vincenzo & Nunziata Zito of Ardore. This is either not the same woman as in the above marriage record or the birth date is a transcription error?

4) Death record for Maria Nicolina D'Agostino 1883 says she was 53 years old. This matches the Maria Nicolina D'Agostio's birth record, #2 above, but not the Maria Nicolina D'Agostino b. ca 1849 in the marriage record.

Would appreciate any help and/or suggestions to help clarify the above.

Many thanks.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”