tracking down a coat of arms

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Anizio
Elite
Elite

tracking down a coat of arms

Postby Anizio » 20 Nov 2015, 00:55

Hello,

I am look for the coat of arms for my ancestors, the Carlucci of Camerino/Roma.

The only trace I have of it is the tomb stone of my grandfather's grandfather's greatgrandfather's tomb in the Chiesa Santa Maria Maddalena in Rome.

I know the family was wealthy and powerful. They knew the Principe Caetani, were doctors to the Papal family, lawyers, professors, and married into several other well established families such as the Valbonesi of Romagna, the Ridolfi Felici, and the Bonelli di Salci. But I can find no trace of the coat of arms.

Is there anywhere I can find it or look? For this I would even consider hiring someone, but I'm not sure if there is even anywhere to find it.

--------------------------------

Ciao,

Cero per lo stemma dei miei antenati, i Carlucci di Camerino (e dopo Roma).

L'unica traccia che ho di esso è la lapide dei nonni di mio quadrisavolo nella chiesa di Santa Maria Maddalena a Roma.

So che la famiglia era ricca e potente. Sapevano il Principe Caetani, erano medici alla famiglia papale, avvocati, professori, e sposato in diverse altre famiglie illustri, come la Valbonesi della Romagna, il Ridolfi Felici, e la Bonelli di Salci. Ma non riesco a trovare alcuna traccia del stemma.

Grazie

TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: tracking down a coat of arms

Postby liviomoreno » 20 Nov 2015, 07:37

Did you see this? https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clito_Carlucci

and this?http://www.iagiforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17368

Anizio
Elite
Elite

Postby Anizio » 20 Nov 2015, 10:23

Yes Clito Carlucci is the son of the people on the tomb stone, the nonno di mio trisnonno.
That forum post was made by a distant cousin, Alessandro Bonelli di Salci. He never found the stemma however.

I know a great deal about the family, from professions to court cases, from burial plots to military records, but I have no trace of the coat of arms that was once on the bottom of the tomb stone pictured above, but which is now worn out from foot traffic, except for the tiny mark left in the middle of it. :/

I have no idea where I might find it and what institution may have a record of the stemma. Surely (hopefully) there exists some record somewhere for the coat of arms of notable families of Rome?
I wouldn't want to pay a professional if there was no chance, or if they would just make one up or something. Better still if I can find it myself.

TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 20 Nov 2015, 11:00

If you could not find it thru the http://www.iagiforum.info/ forum, I doubt you will ever find it...

jennabet
Master
Master

Postby jennabet » 20 Nov 2015, 11:38

Hi liviomoreno, thanks for providing the link above. I know that my sur name from Abruzzo appears on the coat of arms of the family of a friend I went to school with in Delaware. That family is also from Abruzzo and the father had a significant lay position within the Vatican. So now I have a good source to get more information. Again, grazie.

Anizio
Elite
Elite

Postby Anizio » 21 Nov 2015, 04:06

Hi Livio,

I asked the same question to a professional and this is the response I got. As you can probably tell, based upon the cost, which sounds tremendous, I am both skeptical and hesitant.

"I can perform the research in order to find the coat of arms.
- I will find the coat of arms if the family had a coat of arms and was noble. In this case the chances are 100% and depend of your budget. I can search it in Roma and Camerino but I need of 4-10 days of researches in the archives.
- I can search it in archives and libraries, in ancient manuscripts with hand painted coats of arms and in other ancient manuscripts and books. Even in the heraldic books.
- I can perform a research with 2-5 researchers. The cost depend of the work hours and the expenses. What is your budget?
These are my rates:
Office: 73,20 euro / 1 hour
Travel: 79,3 euro / 1 hour
Napoli: 85,40 euro / 1 hour
Roma: 109,80 euro / 1 hour
Camerino: 122,00 euro / 1 hour.

I can adjust my estimate to your budget.
How much can you pay?
I can start the research with a down payment of 2.000-3.000 euro.
If you want to save money I can perform a research online and in office. But I suggest you to perform it also in the archives and libraries.
Tell me what is your budget and how much do you want to pay as down payment."

Return to “Italian Genealogy”